2010 ATB Silver Bullion Update

More authorized purchasers have made their 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins available for sale. Because of the US Mint’s terms and conditions for the distribution of the coins, pricing is below melt value.

A few weeks ago, I provided information on some AP’s selling their allotments through relatively accessible means. This time around, the order process is more complicated or restricted, but I wanted to present the information for any interested readers.

Dillon Gage had previously indicated that their allotment was sold out. However, a few days ago, they announced that they had a “limited quantity” available. This may have been due to some of the original orders being canceled as duplicates or for other reasons.

Five coin sets of the 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins are available for $937.00 including shipping and handling, or $1,025.00 for Texas residents.

Unfortunately, their ordering process is not very easy. A form must be completed, signed, and returned. Then, payment must be sent by bank wire only, presumably before any confirmation of order acceptance is provided. Sending funds via bank wire generally involves physically going to the bank and may incur a fee.

You can find their order form here.

APMEX has made their remaining allotment available, but only to certain people who have been selected to receive the opportunity to purchase them.

According to emails sent by APMEX, there were 18,000 requests to order the coins. They selected 3,500 email addresses and provided these people with the opportunity to purchase one of 3,100 available sets. The coins are encapsulated in PCGS “Choice BU” holders and priced at $959.95 per set if paying by check or wire, or $988.75 for payment by credit card. For the group of selected email addresses, orders must be placed by April 15, 2011, midnight CST.

Their product page can be found online here. As mentioned, only those 3,500 people selected by APMEX can place orders. A reader whose email was not selected reported that the order cannot be completed at step 2 of the checkout process.

Prudential

Continuing the theme of complicated ordering processes, another reader mentioned that Prudential is accepting orders for 5 coin sets at $862.70.

In order to attempt to purchase the coins, an account agreement form must be completed, a W-9 must be completed with a social security number, and a copy of a government issued photo ID must be provided. These forms and documentation must be sent along with a check to the New Accounts Department where it will be reviewed.

If your order is accepted, the coins are not immediately shipped to you. Rather they are held at Diamond State Depository, a separate company where you will need to open another account. Once this account is open, you can have DSD continue to store the coins for you or arrange delivery. Either option will involve fees, which are unspecified.

If anyone is willing to put up with all of that, the order form and further information can be found here.

Comments

1. Anonymous says

We are sorry, your Customer ID was not selected to be eligible to purchase one of these items.
    (#59810) 2010 5 oz Silver ATB 5-Coin Set PCGS BU or Better (May 13th)

These items have been removed from your cart.

2. Anonymous says

Maybe APMEX added another 3500 to the eligible purchasers list and that's why some of us are able to purchase and some not. Or you would have at least had to be on the original wait list.

3. Brandon says

Has anyone heard anything from the second round with Jack Hunt? My money order was signed for on Wed. Havent had any communication otherwise. Just curious. Thanks

4. Anonymous says

Update from FideliTrade "Announcement" Page

4/15/2011 – America the Beautiful Silver Coin Update

FideliTrade is sold out of the 2010 America the Beautiful coin set. We will be offering the 2011 coins once they are released from the U.S. Mint

5. Anonymous says

Michael, THANK YOU SO MUCH, for your blog. Thanks to you and some of the others on here I just found out that evidently APMEX must have opened it up, after those on their list that wanted one got one. My order was accepted and I am so happy. This is the first time since December when everything came together at the right time. This is my only set. YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!!!!!
    April 15, 2011 5:25 PM

6. Mint News Blog says

"Appreciate my earlier post being deleted when it broke no rules."

There were a couple of comments that got caught in the spam queue. I have released them. This is an automated filter to cut down on spam, but sometimes gives false positives.

7. Anonymous says

I just received the email from APMEX inviting me to order. I had already ordered last night. So there is a delay between APMEX's order system and receiving the email. APMEX appears to be selecting more customer ids for ordering blocks at a time. The email says I have until Monday midnight to order. So if you are still having no luck ordering, I would try again starting Monday night.

8. Anonymous says

I received an email from APMEX this morning (Saturday) offering to let me buy a set. Since the original offer expired last night, I assume they did not sell out and selected a new group of emails.

My order has been received and acknowledged.

9. Andrew says

Well it appears that Fidelitrade is sold out of the ATB sets. Still waiting to recieve mine but I do have confirmation of the order.

Side question, does anyone know where the best deal is to buy the air-tite capsules and best wooden display box you may have purchased? Thanks in advance.

10. Anonymous says

I got an e-mail at 11:00am on 4/16/11 from apmex that I could order ATB coins, today only. I did order one set. Looks like a may 13th ship date.

11. John says

I was also lucky enough to be on the second round of email invites. I ordered mine 15 minutes before my email arrived so there is definitely a delay between the email and ordering. Thanks again Michael for a great site. Just curious want fellow readers on this board are thinking about the 125,000 mintage for the 2011 bullion ATB'S. Is the mintage just right, too high or too low? My gut feeling is that the mintage will not meet demand.

12. Anonymous says

The 2010 are the set to have on the 5oz the 2011 will not sell out. You can bet on it!!!!!!!

13. Anonymous says

John: Given how many people seem to have acquired multiple sets, I'm not so sure that 125,000 wouldn't meet demand… Though it's always tough to forecast investor demand for bullion versus speculator/collector demand, it seems for the time being that the relatively low mintage of 33,000 sets has been fairly easy to acquire, even with all the hype surrounding them.

I'm going to go with 125,000 being "just right" if not a little too much. (Though I'm certainly hoping it's "way too little" making the 2010's keys by a long shot…)

14. Anonymous says

The above posted is absolutely correct. Getting at least one of the 33,000 sets of bullion coins has been relatively easy for those willing to the pay.

That then brings up the question of what will the future value of these sets be with relatively low demand? And what will the value be when silver values fall from historic highs?

Of course, those who respond to such questions will likely say that values will continue to go up. But will they? I have seen a lot of speculation from visitors here and little facts. The real answer is that no one can predict the future. Time will certainly tell…..

Getting at least one of the 33,000 sets of bullion coins has been relatively easy for those willing to pay.

That then brings up the question of what will the future value of these sets be with relatively low demand? And what will their value be when silver values fall from historic highs?

Of course, those who respond will likely say that values will continue to go up. But will they? I have seen a lot of speculation and little facts. The real answer is that no one can predict the future. Time will certainly tell…..

16. Anonymous says

2010 ATB 3"5oz Prices

1.MTB of NY $930 shipped

2.Fidelitrade of DE $930 shipped

3.The Gold Center of Ill $975 shipped

4. A-Mark of CA $975 shipped ((Slabed PCGS F/S Gem BU ))

5. Apmex of OK $860 shipped ((Second Round of sales Slabbed PCGS F/S BU or Better)) $980 Shipped C/C $1,008.75 Shipped

6. Jack Hunt of NY $949 shipped ((If your Check was lost you got a PCGS MS-68 Set))

7. Dillon Gage of TX $937 shipped ((Second round of sales included two A.S.E.)) $1,025 Shipped

8. Prudential of NY $862.70 + S/H ((Storage Complicated ordering processes))

9. Coins-N-Things of MASS $930 + $170 ((For $6 Face Value in 90% Silver 12 Barber Half's))= $1100 shipped

10.Scotia Mocatta of NY ((No participation))

11.Commerzbank of NY ((No participation))

First day of sale's 12/3/2010 Silver Spot $29.00 4/15/2011 Silver Spot $43.00

The Mints Nine Authorized Purchaser's Sold out of these bullion sets on April 25th 2011 in order to acquire there 2011 allotments.

2010-P 3"5oz Hot Springs ((Numismatic Version)) Launches April 25th Mintage 27 K Price $279 each

17. Anonymous says

Jack Hunt – add $14 for air-tites.
    Dillon Gage – add min. $25 wire fee to $937 (this was recent, 2 A.S.E. added for Texas residents only.

18. John says

I guess the big question is what will the AP'S premium on the 2011 bullion coins be? If the premiums are in line with silver eagles per ounce I would say that they would sell out very quickly as many people would order multiple sets. My basic logic is that silver bullion is currently off the charts, then why wouldn't you purchase silver in this low mintage form. I use the word low mintage in comparison to silver eagles or any other world silver coin. I think the AP'S will charge the maximum premium that they are allowed, I'm just not sure if 10% is their new guideline or if it was just for the 2010 ATB'S ….Any thoughts out there?

19. Anonymous says

How many dealers below are still actively selling the ATB 5 ounce coin sets?

1.MTB of NY
    2.Fidelitrade of DE
    3.The Gold Center of Ill
    4. A-Mark of CA
    5. Apmex of OK
    6. Jack Hunt of NY
    7. Dillon Gage of TX
    8. Prudential of NY
    9. Coins-N-Things of MASS

20. Anonymous says

Prudential and APMEX (to their restricted list), are the only ones I know of that are still selling 2010 ATB. APMEX wll be sold out soon. Coins-N-Things may have more more to sell unless they sold out during their phone sessions which would be hard to believe.

21. Mercury says

Regarding John April 17, 2011 7:54 AM Post…In answer to the question regarding what will the AP'S premium on the 2011 bullion coins be? That answer will depend on you. The premium price will stay at what ever the market will bare. We Know that the silver spot price plus 10% is a given, no questions ask! Where it goes from there will depend on how much of your hard earned money will you be willing to spend. Anyone who has ever purchased scalped tickets can attest to the face that supply and demand is the key to price fixing. Now in the case of the 2011 bullion coins it is my understanding that the US Mint have intended to increase the mintage of these bullions depending on their continued demand. So with that in mind those who will be quick to purchase the coin will pay an enormous fee for that privilege and everyone after that will be subject to the price paid by the person in front of him. That is until the Mint restart production and re-release that same bullion, which will increase the supply and lower the demand, and thus lower the overall price to a new bare market price; which again will be determined by what your willing to pay, of which we all hope by then will be considerable lower than at it’s initial release price. That's what I think, hopes it will help you in making a wise decision.

22. Anonymous says

What's the best way and cost to get these coins graded? Is there any blog post or information for newbie collectors regarding the coin grading process and whether it's really worthwhile to do so (or is it really just a scam).

23. Anonymous says

Got a ship date on the APMEX set about 3 hours ago of April 20th. I had signed up April 1, and was unable to buy during first round. Good Luck to all still trying.

24. Anonymous says

Did anyone see this?
    HSN is selling a 2010 MS70 5 oz. National Parks Silver Bullion Set of 5 CoinsItem: 129-312; Graded "perfect" by ANACS.
    at the low, low price of . . . . . (think drum roll)

HSN Price: $21,999.95 + 68.95 s/h for a Grand Total of $22,068.90.
    The really funny thing is it also says "Almost Sold Out", but I guess if there is only 1 then that would be true.

25. Anonymous says

I got an email notice from APMEX on Saturday April 16, 2011 at 6:30 am.
    I was in Vegas and did not read the email until Sunday night. I have until Monday April 18 midnight to place the order. I placed the order Sunday night and got an order confirmation email. So Tuesday morning APMEX might send another round of notices for the unclaimed sets. Please don't unsubscribe, you still have a chance.
    GOOD LUCK !

26. Anonymous says

Can somebody answer this please 33,000 ATB sold buy the AP's 27,000 ATB sold by the mint what about the 2011 ATB 5oz. who will sell them?????

27. John says

Thanks Mercury for your response. I'm just curious if 125,000 of these is enough and if the mint would regulate the prices on these if the ap's try to price gouge again. If they make enough of these then true supply and demand will take over and the price will end up where it belongs. Is the mint making 125,000 of these or are they going to mint to demand like the silver eagles? only then will it be a true bullion coin.

28. Mercury says

There are a couple of things are going to happen here. First the 2011ATB 5oz bullion coins, having no mint mark, will be purchased from the US Mint by the Approved Purchasers and then sold to the public in the same manner the Silver Eagle Bullions which has no mint mark are being sold. The US Mint will not participate in selling the 2011 ATB 5oz bullion coins that do not have a mintmark to the public. The Mint will have 125,000 2011 5oz bullion available for the AP to purchase then in turn the various Approve Purchaser will sell the 5oz bullion much the same way the silver eagle bullions are sold. The catch here in regards to pricing is that the AP are a liberty to charge whatever they see fit. To price gouge or not will depend on their discretion or on our eagerness to purchase. Skies the limit in regards to pricing. But in the best interest of the needed cash flow, it is most likely that the asking price will stays moderate. But where you will definitely see enormous price gouging will come from the individual collector who will purchase the bullions in order to resell them. This being the case, one way to navigate the market will be to first go to the actual websites of the different Approve Purchaser, much like you did when you purchased the 2010 ATB, and compare prices. You can bet that they will be in heavy competition with one another to sell their goods. And if worst comes to worst and there is a quick sellout the Mint can (and it sounds like they will) make more.

29. Anonymous says

When/how did the US Mint regulate the pricing the AP had to use for the 2010 ATB sets? How often does that happen?

30. Anonymous says

After months of waiting, I just received my ATB 5oz set from Jack Hunt. I've never seen $200 coins packaged so carelessly. They put each raw coin in a separate bubble wrap paper envelope with a note that it is just bullion and not worthy of careful handling. The Yellowstone coin has large dirty fingerprints on front and back. Most of the others have knicks and scratches clearly from mishandling out of the tubes.

I buy uncollectible rounds and bars that are handled with more care. Think JH could have sprung for a few plastic flips?

If Jack Hunt didn't want its 2010 ATB allotment, it should have returned them to the mint.

31. Anonymous says

YEA!! The US Mint has the Hot Springs "P" up on it's website! {price is still $279.95)
    This is interesting:
    Ordering Limits:
    A limit of one (1) coin per household is in effect for the first week of this product's release. At the end of this period, the United States Mint will re-evaluate this limit and either extend, adjust or remove it.

32. Anonymous says

just received atbs from jack hunt. all packaged pcgs in a solid box then in bubble wrap and then the shipping box.
    first strike ms68pl,
    " ms68dmpl
    " ms68
    " ms68dmpl
    " ms68pl

33. Anonymous says

Anonymous Anonymous said…

April 21, 2011 8:57 PM

If it were me, I would send that crap back to them from a collector perspective.

34. Anonymous says

April 22, 2011 7:40 AM

Thanks. I would if they weren't worth more now at melt value now than the $949 I paid Jack Hunt. Anyone out there want to buy some really banged up ATB bullion?

35. Anonymous says

I received my order from Dillon Gage but haven't opened it yet. The package is so small, which makes me believe that are just raw coins inside. when I open it, I will let you know.

36. Anonymous says

@7:10pm

Was it recent? Was there any shipping confirmation, or did they just show up one day?

Thanks!

37. Anonymous says

Received my DG order on Friday, 4 of 5 look pretty good. The packaging was taped, very secure, with no sliding around.
    My coins were "raw" shipped in mylar flips and then in a small "gift"box, then inside another box. All in all, I'm pretty happy, quick turn around time: placed order and wired funds on 4/8/2011.
    Received on 4/22/2011, no e-mail conformation or ship information provided. Shipped via UPS. The UPS man just showed up at the door this afternoon, we did have to sign for them.
    I received my ASE's (1) 1991 and (1) 2008, as well, it has been a good day!

38. Anonymous says

Does anyone know if The Gold Center is selling the 2010 ATB sets on line? If they are selling ATB sets,what is the link to contact them to place an order? Thanks for any help on this.