2013 William McKinley Presidential $1 Coin Cover

Today, March 19, 2013 at 12:00 Noon ET, the United States Mint will begin sales of the 2013 William McKinley $1 Coin Cover. This now represents the 25th release within the American Presidency $1 Coin Cover Series.

William McKinley Coin Cover

Each  cover contains one 2013 William McKinley Presidential Dollar each from the Philadelphia and Denver Mints, sourced from the first day of production at the facilities. The two coins are mounted on a display card and placed within an illustrated envelope. The envelope includes one of four Four Flags Forever stamps. The postal cancellation is March 19, 2013, Canton, OH. The date marks the first day of availability for the product and the city of Canton is where the William McKinley Presidential Library & Museum is located.

The covers are priced at $19.95, which is unchanged from the price level for the product line last year.

The maximum production for the covers will be 20,000 units. This represents a decrease from the limit of 22,000 established for last year’s covers.

Since the start of the American Presidency $1 Coin Cover series, the maximum production limit has been steadily decreased, following the general trend in declining sales. The 2007 issues began with limits of 50,000 units and sell outs were achieved for the first three releases. The limit was lowered to 40,000 for the 2009 issues, lowered again to 32,000 for the 2008 covers, lowered again to 32,000 in 2009 (except Lincoln), lowered again to 22,000 in 2011, and finally lowered again this year to 20,000 covers.

The most recent sales figures from the report published today show sales for the 2012 covers ranging from a high of 16,029 for Chester Arthur to a low of 12,440 for Grover Cleveland (Second Term).

Comments

1. KEITHSTER says

? Are the prices going up tommorow on the PM or were they low enough earlier in the week. ?? Good luck all !!!@

2. posterhunter says

I see the White Mountain P & D 2 roll set had a huge drop of over 11,000, 25,000 was way too high earlier.

3. Mint News Blog says

By my calculation, in order for a numismatic gold coin price increase to take place tomorrow, the Wednesday AM Fix price would need to be $1,623.75 or greater.

4. KEITHSTER says

Thanks Michael, so the way it’s going it’s possible it’s early in the week and they like to move the price up to make there killing later. I hope they don’t I still need 2 FS’s and the money’s on the way but not here yet. And if I try to wait for them to come back down I know I’d spend it on all the new stuff comming up. Thank’s and Good Luck All *^*

5. hi ho silver says

KEITHSTER: This offering is super @ a mintage of 20K BUY BUY BUY……….Ill wait till 5000

6. KEITHSTER says

hi Ho if you think they made 20 k of these I got a bridge I want to show you? They have not made that many since the first few. I didn’t get in till Mary Todd. And none of them are close if you wait till 5000 that will be to many Good luck with that$%$

7. hi ho silver says

I think the Mint will sell 20000 of this offering! Keep this bridge in the family KEITHSTER .

8. KEITHSTER says

Sorry HI ho I was talking FS’s I see you where talking cover’s. I don’t do covers I leave that to the rock&rollers.But ya the bronze FS’s may someday come in at 5g’s YA the bridge stay’s but we are looking for someone to gaurd it I’ll send an appt.Good luck with that??