2014 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set

Today, September 8, 2014 at 12:00 Noon ET, the United States Mint will begin sales of the 2014 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set. The set brings together uncirculated versions of six different dollar coins issued for this year.

2014 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set

Across the six coins included in the set, three different series and three different mint facilities are represented. Specifically, each set includes the following coins:

• The four uncirculated 2014 Presidential Dollars featuring Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, and Franklin D. Roosevelt. These coins are struck at the Philadelphia Mint and include the “P” mint mark within the incused edge lettering.
  • The uncirculated 2014 Native American Dollar featuring a design representing native hospitality which ensured the success of the Lewis and Clark expedition. This coin is struck at the Denver Mint and carries the “D” mint mark within incused edge lettering.
  • The collectible uncirculated 2014 American Silver Eagle, struck at the West Point Mint and carrying the “W” mint mark on the reverse.

The six different coins are mounted within a display folder illustrated with a partial image of an American flag on the outside. Within the folder are brief summaries of the lives of the four Presidents, a discussion of the theme for the Native American Dollar, and background on the design of the American Silver Eagle. Coin designer and specification information is also included, along with a certificate of authenticity.

2014 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set

The 2014 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set is priced at $44.95 per set. This is the same price charged for the prior year set. The price level is only $1 higher than the current price of the individual 2014-W Uncirculated Silver Eagle.

The product is offered through the Mint’s subscription program, however it is not eligible for a discounted price. There are no stated product limits or household ordering limits in place. The Mint indicates that the product will remain available for one year from the initial release date or until inventory is depleted at an earlier date.

The United States Mint has previously offered the Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set in 2007 and 2008. The product was canceled for the following three years due to low silver blank supplies amidst high market demand for bullion. The set was reintroduced in 2012 and has been offered each year since.

Sales for the product had reached around 90,000 sets in 2007 and just under 100,000 sets in 2008. For its return in 2012, sales had reached only 27,300 units.

Last year’s 2013 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set was released on November 13, 2013 and sold out last month. The last reported sale figure for the set was 43,040 units.

Comments

1. Ikaika says

@ VA Rich

Although I paid $1240 for my JFK from the US Mint, $10 over spot is realistic. It seems like many are dumping their coins now. $2,000 for an NGC ANA 70 might be still expensive.

2. Ikaika says

Very interesting to see that the JFKs are selling below the US Mint price. This is the fallout of how they sold the coins. They just created a whole bunch of competitors. They need to pull the plug or lower prices soon, otherwise sales might be similar to the FS.

3. Pittsburgh P says

Ikaika I really cant see bein able to pick these up for under 950$ unless gold keeps dropping… Jmho

4. Ikaika says

@ PP

Michael just posted the recent numbers for the JFK gold coin. -378. Demand for the coin is all but gone, plus the secondary market is flooded. Big dealers, little dealers and others are selling below mint price. I have a feeling some are predicting that gold prices will drop soon, so sell now before its too late. Lower gold prices + high supply + no demand = $10 over spot. I am not saying it is going to happen, but it could.

I just want to get the silver coins to complete my 2014 JFK set and move on. Enough already 🙂

Where is Louis these days?

5. VA Rich says

Ikaika – $2,000 for an NGC ANA 70 while the lowest to-date, IS STILL expensive since the Label worth ZERO (0), zip, nada, nothing! The following article needs an update to tell an important lesson to those that spend $4,000-$4,500 on a show label….

…., and that lesson is, ONLY 34 days from the start of the ANA Label festivities…, I could have bought your coin for $2,000 TODAY! But that won’t happen, I’m more interested in snagging a 69 as it may actually go up in value, than a silly ANA label.., tricks are for kids!

6. cagcrisp says

@Ikaika, “Big dealers, little dealers and others are selling below mint price. I have a feeling some are predicting that gold prices will drop soon, so sell now before its too late. Lower gold prices + high supply + no demand = $10 over spot.”

Simple Search of the bay “2014 Gold Kennedy” above $1,000 and you get 818 “Sold Listings” of the 818 Sales, 1-68, 47-69’s and 5 OGP that Sold for Less than $1,244.95. That’s a total of 53 out of 818 or 6.48%.

It has been a Flippers Nightmare, but the Sky is Not Falling…

7. silverhawk357 says

Now I get to tell you “I told you so” about waiting for a lower price on the JFK gold. I thought I would have to wait a year to find my price point. MAYBE I should lower my price point and keep waiting.
    I dislike buying at the introduction frenzy price.

8. jeff says

Anyone have a hundred thousand dollar $$$$$$$ Kennedy they like to sell lol I knew this was going to happen. Even if the mint stop tomorrow there will be no up side . By the BHOF GOLD 5$ that’s innovation at its best. It’s probable the Kennedy silvers set will quadruple the sells of the golds that’s funny to me. And I will go out on a limb as say you will see 850 kennedy they need to recoup anything they can get I say within the next month.

9. cagcrisp says

@jeff, $850 “within the next month”. Wow. You can’t be serious. $116.67/oz Under Current Spot…Wow…

I wish I could take the Other Side of that Bet…

10. Jerry Diekmann says

Looks like there is little numismatic in the JFK gold half dollar. It will be priced as a bullion coin in the future, maybe with a little premium because of the design and the person it represents.