2014 Everglades National Park Quarter Bags and Rolls

Today, November 3, 2014 at 12:00 Noon ET, the United States Mint started accepting orders for bags and rolls of circulating quality 2014 Everglades National Park Quarters. This represents the twenty-fifth overall release within the America the Beautiful Quarters Program.

Everglades National Park Quarter

The reverse design of the coin features an anhinga with outstretched wings on a willow tree with a roseate spoonbill visible in the mid-ground. The inscriptions read “Everglades”, “Florida”, “2014”, and “E Pluribus Unum”. The reverse was designed by Joel Iskowitz and engraved by Joseph Menna.

Within the design review phase, both the Commission of Fine Arts and the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee had recommended the selected design. The initial version of the design included clouds within the upper left field. Both groups had recommended the removal of the clouds and these were taken out for the final design.

The obverse of the coin carries the 1932 portrait of George Washington designed by John Flanagan. Inscriptions include “United States of America”, “Liberty”, “In God We Trust”, and “Quarter Dollar”. This design has been used in common throughout the series.

The products on sale at the United States Mint comprise six different options featuring circulating quality examples of the coin struck at the Philadelphia, Denver, or San Francisco Mint facilities. The circulating quality coins from the Philadelphia and Denver Mints with the “P” and “D” mint marks are also released for circulation. The circulating quality coins from the San Francisco Mint with the “S” mint mark are not released for circulation and only available within numismatic products.

The US Mint is offering 40-coin rolls with “S” mint mark coins priced at $18.95 each, two roll sets containing “P” and “D” mint mark coins priced at $32.95, and three roll sets of “P”, “D”, and “S” mint mark coins priced at $46.95 each. The remaining three product options are 100-coin bags available containing coins with either the “P”, “D”, or “S” mint mark priced at $34.95 each.

All bags and rolls feature wrappers or tags containing US Mint branding and including the name of the park, state abbreviation, mint mark, and face value of the contents.

There are no stated mintage limits or household ordering limits in place. The US Mint indicates that the products will remain available for one year from the initial on-sale date or until inventory is depleted prior to the one-year time frame.

Comments

MLA says
    NOVEMBER 4, 2014 AT 4:31 PM

@NC_STACKER
    Thank for your help, will get a count.
    Here a link to the pics, finally!
    Under high mag you can see laser lines, but even only on one of the 5.
    Let me know what you think, any feed back is welcome
    Thanks
    Feedback? Buy a S in 70 asap?

Larry – The Mint builds a lot of leeway, in their favor of course, into the premium. 3/4 oz. for the price of 1 oz. I’m sure they won’t worry too much unless it get close to $1K.

3. cagcrisp says

@Larry, I am in the Minority. I think the best method for the Mint to Maximize profit is to leave some meat on the bone so they can continue to sell Future offerings. I do Not think they will ride the Gold Kennedy horse much longer. Even though sales were strong the last two weeks and by all logic they should continue sales, I would not be surprised if they did Not pull the offering. Matter of fact, I expect it to be pulled. I bought the day the announcement was made about the 200k and 300k limits. There was no limits set on the Gold and I bought. I plan on buying again tomorrow once the price is adjusted. Supposedly they were minting 4,000/week as needed, I would think whatever they have on hand would be it. At least that is how I am playing it…

4. GoldFishin says

@fmt- QC was asleep with your coins apparently…looks like a zebra. I wonder if they could end up being a variation like the” light satin finish” 2010 Yellowstone pucks? I am not an expert at these sorts of things. I wouldn’t panic…you have time to make decisions on whether to buy a 70 now….I have to admit the thought crossed my mind about buying a 70 if there are a lot of those type coins out there and they don’t grade well. But I am sticking with my plan of buying later. The mintage jumping to 125K makes me believe a few folks saw those very few early sales and thought they could jump on the grading bandwagon. There will be plenty to buy for a long time.

5. Dave SW FL says

Wanted to buy some old time ” junk” silver coinage today. At the time, silver was down 11 cents per oz , yet the price was UP 39 cents per oz. The premium went up 50 cents per oz on junk silver today!

So REAL silver is up as paper silver is down . This could be an indication of a bottom forming. Will be interesting end of year for sure. No price reduction on the P pucks 🙁

6. GoldFishin says

@VA RICH- I would NEVER give this coin a grade of 70. It is horribly off centered to start, there is an obvious white spot in the jawline area on the obverse. In addition, there is really bad rub marks on the reverse rim between 9 and 12 o’clock. I would never get a coin back graded 70 that looks like this one. Other than that, it is a nice coin. 😉

@GoldFishin, I can’t believe people still deal with NGC when they put a 70 on coins like those.

By the way, you said you were opening your box today. What was the rattle?

8. GoldFishin says

@2cents- didn’t have time today….I will let you know when I open them what the rattling sound is. I prefer to open them during the daylight hours when I check them out properly and with the time change I didn’t get a chance today.. thanks for asking.

9. Eagle One says

Concerning my K13 sell out estimate…..

I stated high confidence because the R² value or correlation coefficient from the regression analysis between the forecasting function and the historical data was 0.98 (where 1.00 is a perfect fit). Meaning, the modeling function correlates extremely well with the empirical or historical data collected and is statistically worthy for extrapolation purposes. Unfortunately, we had one data point that needed to be adjusted. That point was adjusted and the model was re ran – the result added 7 days to the sell out date. However, this did not change the general conclusion of the analysis. I and most conclude, the Mint probably should not produce anymore K13s beyond the original 180K and to extend production to 300K could be a financial mishap for the Mint and the Modern Coin Market.

10. cagcrisp says

@Eagle One, Today’s price drop in Silver will continue to way on sales. Too many view this offering as Bullion product as is and think it was overpriced when the price of Silver was $19. If they Thought it was Overpriced at $19, I can’t imagine what they think at $15+

160k – 170k Might be the upper limit if they stop Dec 31st

11. Eagle One says

cagcrisp,

There could be a number of K13s going into the grinder. But, I am pretty sure minting beyond the 180K won’t happen. When the numbers come out next week, I will rerun the analysis and see if anything changes.