2014 Everglades National Park Quarter Bags and Rolls

Today, November 3, 2014 at 12:00 Noon ET, the United States Mint started accepting orders for bags and rolls of circulating quality 2014 Everglades National Park Quarters. This represents the twenty-fifth overall release within the America the Beautiful Quarters Program.

Everglades National Park Quarter

The reverse design of the coin features an anhinga with outstretched wings on a willow tree with a roseate spoonbill visible in the mid-ground. The inscriptions read “Everglades”, “Florida”, “2014”, and “E Pluribus Unum”. The reverse was designed by Joel Iskowitz and engraved by Joseph Menna.

Within the design review phase, both the Commission of Fine Arts and the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee had recommended the selected design. The initial version of the design included clouds within the upper left field. Both groups had recommended the removal of the clouds and these were taken out for the final design.

The obverse of the coin carries the 1932 portrait of George Washington designed by John Flanagan. Inscriptions include “United States of America”, “Liberty”, “In God We Trust”, and “Quarter Dollar”. This design has been used in common throughout the series.

The products on sale at the United States Mint comprise six different options featuring circulating quality examples of the coin struck at the Philadelphia, Denver, or San Francisco Mint facilities. The circulating quality coins from the Philadelphia and Denver Mints with the “P” and “D” mint marks are also released for circulation. The circulating quality coins from the San Francisco Mint with the “S” mint mark are not released for circulation and only available within numismatic products.

The US Mint is offering 40-coin rolls with “S” mint mark coins priced at $18.95 each, two roll sets containing “P” and “D” mint mark coins priced at $32.95, and three roll sets of “P”, “D”, and “S” mint mark coins priced at $46.95 each. The remaining three product options are 100-coin bags available containing coins with either the “P”, “D”, or “S” mint mark priced at $34.95 each.

All bags and rolls feature wrappers or tags containing US Mint branding and including the name of the park, state abbreviation, mint mark, and face value of the contents.

There are no stated mintage limits or household ordering limits in place. The US Mint indicates that the products will remain available for one year from the initial on-sale date or until inventory is depleted prior to the one-year time frame.

Comments

I just saw the bullion 5 oz. sales update on the Mint site today, and Everglades debuted at 22,000 units. So much for that one being low-mintage. I guess Great Sand Dunes is the one to watch right now.

I still like the “S” Mint rolls and made sure that I kept my sub for them and the Silver Proof Set active. As for the 5 oz. P, my hope is that they will stay high priced and the silver bugs will stay out, but don’t have a sub for them anymore. This one just may rival the Volcanoes if the Mint fails to act.

Mint needs to fix their subscription issues versus just ordering online AFTER release. They are not shipping subs out like the old website did!

4. cagcrisp says

@Dustyroads , Yeah….That’s the way I see it unfolding. People don’t seem to understand that a Secondary selling price is important just as the Buying price from the Mint. If all those that SAY they are Boycotting the 5oz because of the High price vs. Spot then you will see what Truly the base for these pucks are. Pay more on the front end and receive more on the back end…

If you want to stack Silver buy bullion…

Mint, Keep the Price for the pucks Up until 2015 and Then readjust…

Don’t pay attention to those that want to Buy numismatic products like they are buying bullion…

5. Ed says

Hi all, I have an off topic question. Today at my bank I picked up some dollar coins. In the bunch is s Franklin pierce however it is not the usual gold/ brass color. It appears to be a pure nickel silver color. There is a nick on it so I can see that this is a silver metal throughout. Everything else is as it should be lettering side of coin stars and printing Has anyone come across this before??

Going on 13 minute hold via telephone for CS at the Mint for enrollment questions…Needs to be sped up…

7. Ed says

Thanks fm transmitter. But would the whole coin be silver and also there is s small ding in it and it appears it is the silver metal throuout

Man, trying to figure out the whole Enrollment process to save on shipping was just a mess. It should allow you to ADD an item to your Enrollment IF IT IS ON the ENROLLMENT program, which it does, but you have to “inactivate” your old one and place a NEW order with your items all in the same bag. Sheesh was that a hassle…

9. Sith says

With the ATBs popularity seems more important than mintages. Everglades may command a higher secondary value than Arches or GSD regardless of the mintage. But mintages this year have no rhyme or reason GSM is not sold out with 33K, but Arches is with 22K. Another poster indicated that the mint probably made high mintages for GSM, maybe 35K, and the same with Shenandoah, then cut back drastically for Arches. It would seem that Everglades ran through the lower mintage level in one day but does that mean they will stop minting more (sell out)or will they run another batch (most likely) and if so how many more it seems that they are punching out 5K per month. Does GSD have a mintage of 22K?

Anyway too many questions.

10. Sith says

@Ed – You just picked up on one of the main complaints about the presidential dollars, they get real ugly real fast

11. ASE says

Ed,

A simple test of “content” is to weigh the coin to 0.1 gram
    accuracy e.g. on a post office scale. Then compare the weight
    to the specified weight for a dollar coin printed on the COA
    for the proof or uncirc sets. If your measured weight is
    larger by several grams then you do have a unique coin.
    You can calculate the silver weight by utilizing the density
    of silver in the dimensional volume of the coin.

12. GoldFishin says

@Brad- you would have to think the the Everglades bullion puck would be high mintage because it is a popular design for most. However, Rushmore was tied for high mintage in 2013, but it is doing very well in the aftermarket, better than any 2013 issue, if you can find one. I wouldn’t let the mintage deter me from purchasing Everglades. But, you are right, it is going to be between Arches and Great Sand Storm for the low mintage this year. I bought a couple 69 dmpl Arches on Ebay just in case, but I am thinking Sand Dunes may end up being as low, if not lower, than Arches and now that Everglades is out, most purchases will go to it and not Sand Dunes. If the US Mint considered this they might pull the plug around 20K maybe. Just guessing.

13. Samuel says

FM, could you update us about the enrollment program process to save us the 13 min waiting time?
    “inactivate” means the sub will be on hold, right? or, you have to call to cancel?

14. GoldFishin says

Everglades should of had an alligator’s head and snout sticking out of the water about where that bird on the left is. It would have been an instant “must have”. They blew a chance to have a great design(not just a good design) that would have probably brought more collectors into the series. Just the name Everglades makes it worth purchasing in my opinion. I think the design is ok, but could have been awesome!

Samuel says
    NOVEMBER 3, 2014 AT 6:30 PM

Just inactivate it and create a new bag with ALL your stuff in the SAME bag, it will create a new ORDER # and then it will say your order contains “X” amount of items for the Enrollment Program…Oh, I also found out why my orders weren’t shipping, it was because I moved and they said in “that” database was my old address..They had to manually update that…Hope this helps…

16. sharks2th says

@GF – I agree Everglades should have had an alligator like the 1999 platinum proof eagle. An alligator would have made it a huge seller and it is probably the first thing people think of when they hear the word Everglades.

BTW, it takes about ten minutes for your confirmation emails to come through with order numbers…The gal on the phone said she created a new order with the correct items and even gave me an order number and it was completely wrong so I just went in and did it myself. I have about 20 enrollments all inactive because of this…It really was a waste of time. If I don’t get any of the items due to having to place a NEW order, so be it…Won’t be the first time and will use the money for a classic! lol

I mentioned before, as I am a Floridian, that this Everglades coin should have had the Panther! Talk about a sell out!!

Florida panthers once prowled and flourished in woodlands and swamps throughout the Southeast. When European settlers arrived in the 1600s, the clear-cutting, building and other human activities that destroy, degrade and fragment habitat began, and the fear and misconceptions that led to panther persecution took root. Today, the panther is recognized as Florida’s official state animal but it is one the most endangered mammals on Earth.

20. GoldFishin says

My JFK silver arrived today….I guess I got one of the glued packages, there is no tape on it whatsoever. Something is rolling around in the package sounds like something about the size of a pencil eraser head. Does anybody have any idea what that could be? I have not decided about opening the package yet. The package seems very sturdy, no dents or dings on the outside of the package. Guess I have to open it to find out what that is making that noise in there.

Ed,

It is possible that you might have found a Presidential Dollar coin that was erroneously struck on a Washington Quarter planchet. Those errors happen sometimes. Is it uncirculated, or dull? Can you post a picture of it?

GF, You might have gotten a set in where the rubber/plastic “bumper” that holds the display upright came lose and is rattling around in the package. One of mine was like that and it just sticks back on.

23. CasualCollector says

@GoldFishin
    I think that noise is a piece of paper inside the box that has the instructions on how to fold/unfold the Tri-Fold Display.

24. GoldFishin says

Thanks…it definitely is hard and not paper. It has to be inside the set because the two sets take up the whole package. I think the plastic bumper sounds about right. Thank you both! I usually have to think about opening a package for a day or two before I decide whether to keep it sealed or not…thanks again!

25. CasualCollector says

You have to trust me on he paper. When I first heard the noise, I thought small piece of plastic or something loose. But the way the sheet of paper glides and hits the edges of the box, it makes that noise. I know it sounds hard to believe… lol

26. Boz says

Yes the 4 headed Kennedy box fits very tight in the mailer. If the outside box gets i ged so does the set. I also noticed the glue making t difficult for someone to open and reseal (as if anybody ever did that in the past).

Everglades should have featured the boa constrictors that have taken over the ecosystem. Or maybe humans, the most invasive species of all time. Oh I forgot, the half naked humans were already featured on the Arches coin.

Silver JFK sets on CV right now NGC 69 ER for $250, $399 for the 70’s. Someone will buy them.

I picked up an extra Sand Dunes bullion for $95 in Baltimore from provident and the quality is really excellent, most likely 69 dmpl. No wiping marks or anything. A keeper.
    Very few pucks at the show.

29. GoldFishin says

That’s actually not a bad price…..there have been sets sold on Ebay for $695, not many but a few.

30. GoldFishin says

it costs $70-75 a coin to grade them if you include shipping costs, that would be $300 for a set and don’t know how many you have get back 69 which would make it even more expensive.

31. GoldFishin says

I’m sorry, cost $65 a coin to grade the JFK silvers….multi-tasking got the best of me.

I’m sure they sent hundreds of sets to be graded, and got bulk submission prices, also they have them on hand just 6 days after their official release.

33. GoldFishin says

@VA BOB- let me clarify something…when I say it is not a bad price, I mean at this moment in time compared to Ebay sales it is not a bad price…..I am personally looking to pick up a set sometime in the future for less than $250 a set, maybe even less, even if I have to purchase them separately. I am a stickler when it comes to price, and if I don’t get my price I won’t buy them.

34. GoldFishin says

@Louis- thats a good price….and I think you might be happy later to have the GSD puck. I ordered a couple Everglades from provident the other day and got them for $98.50 with shipping $5.95

GoldFishin – Some people believe eBay is the last word on prices for just about anything. Personally I find it is a testing area to see how much someone will spend on an item. Sure there are some fair prices, but that’s not necessarily the rule. I feel the CV price is over-priced for a coin still available from the Mint, but their is no shortage of people that will spend more for a common item.

36. GoldFishin says

@VA BOB- I agree…with coins on Ebay you have to be patient…if you buy in the beginning of an offering, you almost always without exception overpay. As always..the more knowledgeable you are about what item you are purchasing….plus doing homework and comparing prices from other vendors helps a person make wise purchases whether it be on Ebay or your local dealer. Personally, most local dealers around my area are way overpriced and they think everyone that walks in the door is a sucker. That won’t even get close to what I can purchase something for on Ebay.

37. Jerry Diekmann says

Suggestion for the “golden” Presidential dollars. After the Mint has issued the last one (2016?), then recall them, along with all the SBA dollars, melt them down, and admit they were failures from the start. The Sacagawea dollars could probably stay around, I guess, but the Mint shouldn’t mint any more of them after the last special design is minted (also in 2016?). Don’t mint any more dollar coins until Congress decides, if ever, to stop making the dollar bill, then start making $1.00 and $2.00 coins like the i Euro and 2 Euro coins, and call in all the $1.00 and $2.00 bills – no paper bill less than $5.00, the same as the Euro. The Euro coins don’t look so bad in circulation and they are made of base metals, so why does our Mint keep trying to re-invent the wheel? Manganese is a terrible metal for coinage – look at how the war nickels deteriorated in circulation.

38. Dave says

@GoldFishin , November 3, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Ah — what? How did you calculate? My math is much different by about $40 each (or less), including ship/handle/ins.? Of course, my first 5, sent only cost ship handling each way.

39. GoldFishin says

That’s is one ugly milk spot…..and will only get worse…I have decided to open my sets tomorrow…thanks!

40. Eagle One says

NC, That spot looks almost bacterial. It might be food or coffee. Definitely send that one back with a note addressed to QA and an attached photo.

41. Dave says

@NC_Stacker, November 3, 2014 at 10:36 pm
    “Here is why I am sending one set back. Not cherry picking, as I know you would not be happy with having this show up in your hands.”

Ironic isn’t it? The location of the white spot?

42. Eagle One says

I sent four Clad Kennedy Uncs to PCGS for grading. USPS charged me $16 to insure and ship. PCGS charged me $191.95 to grade and return ship the four coins as First Strike with the Kennedy 50th Anniversary Label. The total was $207.95 to grade and ship four coins. Per coin, that works out to be $51.99 per coin. This does not include the cost of the coins themselves.

The one SP-66 set I gave away to the kid that cuts my lawn. They other SP-67 set sold on eBay for $47.00.

43. NC_Stacker says

The photo doesn’t give this justice. It is not a milk spot and this has depth to. I’m thinking the person must have sneezed or was talking with food in their mouth as them were encapsulating the coin. But hey isn’t silver suppose to kill germs? LOL

@Dave, now I have the song by Filter ” Hey man nice shot” in my head.

I too will be opening up all my sets just to make sure everything is OK.

44. Bob R says

@Eagle One, I feel your sorrow, I will never ever spend money to grade modern coins, flushing good money down the toilet. It’s just not worth it. Been there, done that, we learn. Let someone else spend the grading costs then pick them up on sale. Just my thoughts.

45. Eagle One says

Bob R,

This is the first time I’ve ever lost money by putting a coin in a holder. The last time I paid for grading was for the 2011 Silver Eagle Anniversary Set and did really well. My how times have changed. Mintage plays a big part in ones desire to acquire and hold.

46. cagcrisp says

Mint Kennedy excel spreadsheet update for 11/02/14 (change from 10/26/14 spreadsheet):

2014 50TH ANNIVERSARY HALF DOLLAR SILVER K13 125,147
    2014 50TH ANNIVERSARY HALF DOLLAR UNCIRCULATED K14 141,808 (up 5,194)
    2014 50TH ANNIVERSARY HALF DOLLAR GOLD K15 66,054 (up 1,015)

47. cagcrisp says

Mint BHOF excel spreadsheet update for 11/02/14 (change from 10/26/14 spreadsheet):

Gold proof BHOF 32,495 (same)
    Gold unc. 17,694 (same)
    Silver proof 267,865 (same)
    Silver unc. 131,916 (same)
    Clad proof 229,995 (up 7,726)
    Clad unc. 136,075 (up 1,877)
    Young Collector 23,810 (up 1,160)

Gold BHOF 50,189 oversold 189
    Silver BHOF 399,781

So I got this Kennedy set and all coins looked great under 5X lighted EXCEPT the S Minted one, swipe marks at an angle? Anyone can help chime in? Is it the plastic holder or the coin itself?

49. cagcrisp says

Some Sales that are strange:
    The American Eagle 2014 Gold Proof Four-Coin Set has been Out of Stock for a week and yet it still had sales of 72

The 1oz 2014 American Eagle Proof has been sold out for 2 months, is NOT even listed on the Mint’s website and yet it sold 5

The 2013 Annual $1 Uncirculated Set has not had a sale in a Month, is Not listed on the Mint’s websit any yet it sold 10

The Mint must be doing a lot of house cleaning/auditing on sales items…

I was checking my 5 sets . on 4 of the 5 have streaked / lines from the nose to the neck @ approx 45 degrees.
    1 has almost totally enhanced / frosted with almost no lines no matter how you hold it to the light.

51. vkind says

OT – I got my Kennedy silver set (5 sets).

I see the packaging is way different than what I am used to (from previous fulfillment center).

– Address label used to be across the center on top of the box. Acted as tamper proof. Now it is on the side of the box.
    – Bottom of the box – one end the clear tape is broken (may be due to weight)? Its shows like its it tampered.

Any one has similar issues?

For those who keep it sealed and see this issue, I don’t think PCGS will accept that in future (after initial 30 days) for first strike. Any comments?

Thank you!

52. CasualCollector says

OT — regarding the Order History on the new site.

I only seem to have the last 10 orders when I look at history. If I place a new order, the oldest order rolls off. There is no button to look at the next page of order history. The only button I see is a big red button that says CONTINUE SHOPPING.

Does anyone know how to get to the next page of Order History?

TIA,
    CC

53. cagcrisp says

@CasualCollector, Sadly that is all you get Presently. 10 items listed, new item makes oldest item roll off. No button, no next page. 10 and that’s it. The site had more History when they first rolled it over…

Who knows if they will keep it as is or change it again…

54. cagcrisp says

All 3 baseball items are listed as Limited currently. STRONG sales last week. I would not be surprised if the end is near…

NC_Stacker – Someone definitely sneezed on that coin and the culture grew in the capsule like a petri dish. I wouldn’t sleep in the same building as that coin, your body might get snatched.

Got my 2 JFK sets today, after a new postwoman mix up (delivered one street over). Sets look nice, nothing growing, I’m happy with the condition. Everyone covered the packing and packaging pretty well, so I won’t elaborate. I just hope the Gorilla Glue people can keep up the demand for sealing these packages.

No one sees the swipes across the S Mint Kennedy? Hold it at an angle with a lighted magnifying glass, I bet you see the swipes…Let us know please…I will take a picture tonight and post for all to see what I mean..

57. HiCal says

fmtransmitter, both of my enhanced coins had those striations. I didn’t like how they look and returned them.

The vertical lines are similar to the proof quarters with laser frosting esp. in the limited proof set, but to a varying degree the enhanced also have fields that look weird. Overall, I feel the enhanced eagle was much better, but I do like the Kennedy set on the whole.

Thanks for all chiming in…I have seen these before on the blanks BEFORE the stamping, esp. on Maples…Hard to grade high on a strike like that but I am very satisfied with this set. Seems like a classy set up with the tri folder and paperwork, even if most here only care about the coins. I see many seeking this set graded and paying for it to boot!

60. NC_Stacker says

@MLA I used the free site postimg.org to post and share.

@VA Bob, take your time when opening, I can open the box review the items and seal it back up without taping the box again. Just use a pocket knife to pry up the flap and go slowly. Or you can use the old trick of using a heat gun to soften up the glue so it opens without any damage to the box. Security tape would be better so that I know no one has tampered with the box in shipping outside of the ABC agency’s 😉 ( this message has been archived at the NSA’s Utah Data Center)

So I noticed Tomaska’s new show is basically an hour of new stuff and then 7 hours of repeat video…

@NC_Stacker: Yea, curious how PCGS is going to handle the new boxes without tape for FS. Personally I feel they don’t care, as long as the they get their cut for the grading fees…

I just don’t understand why those wouldn’t have been polished out before striking? Anyone please chime in…

The enhanced coin is weak IMO. Maybe the devices are too small to really stand out. The regular UNC coin looks nice and made me miss circulating silver coinage all the more. Not a bad set, but I feel it will be just a memory in short order, and that’s a shame. Packaging was much too large. A simple annual proof set type lens would have been sufficient, while allowing easy viewing of the reverses. No need to re-invent the wheel. But (and this is for VA Rich) the blue faux leather wasn’t too awful bad in hand.

NC_Stacker – Yeah, I opted for the gentle prying of the box flap with the flat of a knife. Not sure what effect a heat gun might have as there is zero air space between the box and the coin packaging. I believe they went from one extreme to the other (too loose to too tight), either way too easy to damage the coin packaging.

65. Sith says

Are you ready for the BIGGEST challenge of the year? Join the United States Mint’s 30-Day Savings Challenge to see how much loose change you can save in 30 days. It’s fun and easy!

To get started, grab an empty jar or envelope and start filling it with change from under your couch cushions, change out of your car and don’t forget to empty your pockets. Make sure you check in with us on Facebook and Twitter and let us know how you are doing by using #USMintChallenge.

Is everyone ready?

66. Eagle One says

Based upon the data provided by the MNB posters and the U.S. Mint, I have been able to forecast the number of days it will take to sell out the first 180K Silver Kennedy Sets (K13). Enough historical data was collected to produce a fully plotted curve. A trend line was tightly fitted to the curve and a function was derived from the trend line. So this estimate is very accurate and can be used with a high degree of confidence.

where “x” is the number of hours of sales

f(x) = 19381 LN (x) + 35085

Raw Data

Hrs: K13s Sold

1: 35,832
    3: 50,070
    5: 64,576
    8: 82,137
    12: 85,697 *
    26: 98,748
    28: 99,934
    120: 125,147 *

* Official Mint Data

Based upon empirical data, it is estimated through mathematical extrapolation, that it will take the Mint 1,768 hours (73.6 days) to sell 180K Silver Kennedy Sets – starting from the first hour they began sales on October 28th 2014 at 12 Noon.

Based upon empirical data, it is estimated through mathematical extrapolation, that it will take the Mint 4,960 hours (206.6 days) to sell 200K Silver Kennedy Sets – starting from the first hour they began sales on October 28th 2014 at 12 Noon.

Additional information: Holiday spending could produce an uptick in purchases and this would slightly reduce the number of days of the estimate.

Looks like the 180K party ends on January 10th 2015

67. NC_Stacker says

VA Bob, don’t give the TPG’s a new idea for a new label…

The Cajun Kennedy Label.
    Cajun Kennedy Blacken Cameo

68. VA Rich says

Eagle One – can you post a picture of the curve please?

I, for one, think there’s many of us that bought the max of 5 sets and are now wondering what to do 3 of them, and if we could make enough per set to roll into an Everglades P puck if the price doesn’t move off of $154.

One question on my mind, could there be enough surplus from extra sets purchased due to emotional buys to meet current and foreseeable demand?

69. VA Rich says

GF / MN – per previous comments, I was able to consolidate 5 sets into 2 keepers. I don’t think I was nit picking, nor mircro-grading, though of 5 sets, I had 2 P & 2 S that were keepers without visual issues, 1 D without black particles, and all 5 W were good.

70. cagcrisp says

@Eagle One, The data point that I provided would be 132 hours: Noon on Tuesday through Sunday midnight

71. VA Rich says

Bob – I agree, I didn’t need the Krylon after all! The sets came in much darker than anticipated from the mint website photos shown, so a pleasant surprise! 🙂

72. Eagle One says

VA Rich,

If you have Excel, you can copy and paste the raw data to generate the graph. As I reported a while back, the graph has an elbow at 12 hours and then trends into a table top with a slightly positive upward trend. The instantaneous rate of change is decreasing as the hours increase.

Also, variables could change. The Mint could drop the household limits. The publication of this forecast could spur buying. Market saturation could slam on the brakes. Also, any drastic change in PM prices will have an effect too.

73. Eagle One says

Cagcrisp,

Thank you for the clairification…I re ran the numbers. It adds three days to the estimate. The updated function and data are below.

f(x) = 19070 LN (x) + 35583

Raw Data

HRS: K13s Sold
    1: 35832
    3: 50070
    5: 64576
    8: 82137
    12: 85697 *
    26: 98748
    28: 99934
    132: 125147 *

* Official Mint Data

Based upon empirical data, it is estimated through mathematical extrapolation, that it will take the Mint 1,945 hours (81.04 days) to sell 180K Silver Kennedy Sets – starting from the first hour they began sales on October 28th 2014 at 12 Noon.

74. Jon in CT says

Eagle One wrote on November 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM:

Then, less than an hour later,

Eagle One wrote on November 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM:

Do I hear a hissing sound indicating the “high degree of confidence” balloon for using those very accurate estimates is rapidly losing it hot air?

MLA says
    NOVEMBER 4, 2014 AT 4:31 PM

@NC_STACKER
    Thank for your help, will get a count.
    Here a link to the pics, finally!
    Under high mag you can see laser lines, but even only on one of the 5.
    Let me know what you think, any feed back is welcome
    Thanks
    Feedback? Buy a S in 70 asap?

Larry – The Mint builds a lot of leeway, in their favor of course, into the premium. 3/4 oz. for the price of 1 oz. I’m sure they won’t worry too much unless it get close to $1K.

77. cagcrisp says

@Larry, I am in the Minority. I think the best method for the Mint to Maximize profit is to leave some meat on the bone so they can continue to sell Future offerings. I do Not think they will ride the Gold Kennedy horse much longer. Even though sales were strong the last two weeks and by all logic they should continue sales, I would not be surprised if they did Not pull the offering. Matter of fact, I expect it to be pulled. I bought the day the announcement was made about the 200k and 300k limits. There was no limits set on the Gold and I bought. I plan on buying again tomorrow once the price is adjusted. Supposedly they were minting 4,000/week as needed, I would think whatever they have on hand would be it. At least that is how I am playing it…

78. GoldFishin says

@fmt- QC was asleep with your coins apparently…looks like a zebra. I wonder if they could end up being a variation like the” light satin finish” 2010 Yellowstone pucks? I am not an expert at these sorts of things. I wouldn’t panic…you have time to make decisions on whether to buy a 70 now….I have to admit the thought crossed my mind about buying a 70 if there are a lot of those type coins out there and they don’t grade well. But I am sticking with my plan of buying later. The mintage jumping to 125K makes me believe a few folks saw those very few early sales and thought they could jump on the grading bandwagon. There will be plenty to buy for a long time.

79. Dave SW FL says

Wanted to buy some old time ” junk” silver coinage today. At the time, silver was down 11 cents per oz , yet the price was UP 39 cents per oz. The premium went up 50 cents per oz on junk silver today!

So REAL silver is up as paper silver is down . This could be an indication of a bottom forming. Will be interesting end of year for sure. No price reduction on the P pucks 🙁

80. GoldFishin says

@VA RICH- I would NEVER give this coin a grade of 70. It is horribly off centered to start, there is an obvious white spot in the jawline area on the obverse. In addition, there is really bad rub marks on the reverse rim between 9 and 12 o’clock. I would never get a coin back graded 70 that looks like this one. Other than that, it is a nice coin. 😉

@GoldFishin, I can’t believe people still deal with NGC when they put a 70 on coins like those.

By the way, you said you were opening your box today. What was the rattle?

82. GoldFishin says

@2cents- didn’t have time today….I will let you know when I open them what the rattling sound is. I prefer to open them during the daylight hours when I check them out properly and with the time change I didn’t get a chance today.. thanks for asking.

83. Eagle One says

Concerning my K13 sell out estimate…..

I stated high confidence because the R² value or correlation coefficient from the regression analysis between the forecasting function and the historical data was 0.98 (where 1.00 is a perfect fit). Meaning, the modeling function correlates extremely well with the empirical or historical data collected and is statistically worthy for extrapolation purposes. Unfortunately, we had one data point that needed to be adjusted. That point was adjusted and the model was re ran – the result added 7 days to the sell out date. However, this did not change the general conclusion of the analysis. I and most conclude, the Mint probably should not produce anymore K13s beyond the original 180K and to extend production to 300K could be a financial mishap for the Mint and the Modern Coin Market.

84. cagcrisp says

@Eagle One, Today’s price drop in Silver will continue to way on sales. Too many view this offering as Bullion product as is and think it was overpriced when the price of Silver was $19. If they Thought it was Overpriced at $19, I can’t imagine what they think at $15+

160k – 170k Might be the upper limit if they stop Dec 31st

85. Eagle One says

cagcrisp,

There could be a number of K13s going into the grinder. But, I am pretty sure minting beyond the 180K won’t happen. When the numbers come out next week, I will rerun the analysis and see if anything changes.