2015 ATB 5 oz. Silver Bullion Coin Update

kisatchieOn May 7, the United States Mint had announced the sell out of the America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins featuring Kisatchie National Forest. These coins had gone on sale to authorized purchasers on April 20.

Information on the Mint’s website shows total sales for the Kisatchie bullion coins at 42,000 pieces. Significantly, this is the highest sales total for an individual design of the series since 2011. For all bullion issues from 2012 to the first release for 2015, sales had ranged from 20,000 to 35,000 pieces per release.

Based on information provided by the US Mint, the number of Kisatchie bullion coins will also have an impact on the maximum number of Kisatchie five ounce silver numismatic coins to be issued. At the release of the collectible uncirculated version, the US Mint indicated an overall authorized limit of 65,000 pieces across both bullion and numismatic versions. After the sale of 42,000 bullion coins, this will leave 23,000 numismatic coins to be issued.

Lastly, the Mint has indicated an expected on-sale date for the Blue Ridge Parkway Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins on June 22, 2015. The numismatic version shows a tentative release date of July 2015.

Comments

1. MLA says

OFF TOPIC
    I’VE FOLLOWED THIS BLOG FOR A WHILE NOW, MOSTLY LEARNING AND AT TIMES CONTRUBITING
    I COLLECT ATB S QUARTERS. THE MINT STATED THEY WOULD NO LONGER SELL LAST YEARS S WHEN THE NEW CORISPONDING ONE CAME OUT.
    EX: THE WHITE MOUNTIAN S WAS PULLED WHEN THE SMOKEY MOUNTIANS S WAS ISSUED, IT WAS PULLED WHEN THE HOMESTEAD S WAS ISSUED.
    THE SHENANDOAH S SHOULD HAS BEEN PULLED WHEN THE KISATCHIE S WAS PUT ON SELL BASED ON THE MINTS POLICIES AND PRESIDENTS….IT WAS MARKED “SOLD OUT”AND IS NOW BACK ON SELL AGAIN.

DOES THE CURRENT MINT MANAGEMENT HAVE ANY ETHICS OR GUIDING PRINCIPLES OTHERTHAN MAKING A BUC AT ANY COST.

THE QUESTION TO ASK IS IF THE CURRENTMINT WHIMS CONTINUE WILL THEY:
    * SELL ASE MARKED .999 AT .9 OR LESS TO MAKE MORE MONEY
    * WHAT ABOUT GOLD COINS, BIG MONEY CAN BE MADE
    *MINTING 30000, PLUBLISHING A MINTAGE OF 17000, TO CREATE INTEREST
    *HAVE A LIMITED ADDITION, SET NO LIMIT, THEN WHEN 1/10 OF THE MINTAGE IS BOUGHT BY ONE INTEREST,
    PLACING A LIMIT OF 5 FOR THE REST
    *HAVE CUSTOMERS RETURN THERE “SOLD OUT” COINS BECAUSE OF MISSING COA, PUSHING THE PROBLEM ON TO THE BUYER
    * HAVING FS COINS FRON 2014 / 15 STILL ON SELL WHEN THE PRESIDENT TO REMOVE THE ON AN ANNUAL BASIS WAS ESTABLISHED.
    *THE NEW MOTTO ” BUYER BEWARE AS WE HAVE NO ETHICS”
    *LETS MAKE “CUSTOMER SERVICE” AN INSULATING BARRIER SO WE CAN DO AS WE PLEASE, WHEN WE PLEASE WITH NO RECOURSE

THE MINT MAY HAVE SHORT TERM GAINS FROM THE MISAPPROPRIATION OF THE PUBLIC TRUST, BUT LONG TERM…………………

AS STATED ON THE BLOG BEFORE COLLECTOR HAVE STOPPED COLLECTING COINS AND STARTED COLLECTING GUNS,……………
    WONDER WHY?

2. GoldFishin says

@MLA- I can tell you have been reading this blog for a long while. Hopefully things will improve, any business that intends to be successful should first understand who their customer is, and how they expect to be served. All I could think after I read your post was this. Good luck to you.

3. Jeff says

Mike BALE I have not bought by gold or silver offerings lately. I would not even suggest this to Sith precious metals are in limbo the bias is down. I would suggest non precious metals low mintage offering if your able to get in. Again this is from name calling troll I guess Sith should be banned for name calling . SITH HOW’S YOUR AGENDA GOING HAVE YOU FOUND THE KEY TO YOUR ANSWER YET.

4. John says

Well I hear from the mint today.I was the one missing the c.o.a. from my march of dimes set.Refund my card,no new sets like I was told.So went some thing is sold out do not return.keep what you get. What a rip off.I will not be making any order from the mint.

5. Jeff says

Another dissatisfied customer . John you were warned. The mint has no accountability to you, me or anyone else there a machine. Spitting out bs and they keep buying them not me though so take care I don’t blame you for your feelings . This has been 50% of the topics mints blunders but these blogger keep buying this crap.

6. Ends in Error says

I want both of the Jackie Kennedy Gold First Spouse Coins, both Proof and BU. In order to get good Coins and COA’s , I’m planning to order 2 of each, and then return the worst. This would seem to be the way to avoid dissatisfaction.

Quality control and customer service are too questionable to do otherwise.

7. A Bob says

I just noticed that the upcoming C&C sets did not indicate that the medals would be exclusive to the sets. They have been so far but he article in coin world and on this site state the reverse proofs will be the exclusive item. Maybe we will get a 4 silver presidential medal set this year.

8. JBk says

John – I am on your side as far as wanting and expecting the COAs, but it was unwise to send the sets back over missing COAs.

One of the benefits of being a member of this site is that you can learn a lot and I can tell you that I have been able to add some nice coins to my collection and also make a couple dollars along the way (2011 Silver Eagle set, 2014 Enhanced Sac $) by listening to the advice and ideas of members here. Several of us advised you to not return those sets, but you were fixated on the COAs.

Yes, the Mint handed you a raw deal when it sent you sets without COAs, but it also handed you a money making opportunity to cash in on a few minutes’ worth of work by ordering the sets in the first place, assuming you chose to sell. With all the sets getting slabbed there is/will be a pile of unwanted cases and COAs that would have been yours for next to nothing. I just do not understand the mindset of returning sets that are worth a premium just to get refunded the issue price.

I am not trying to get on your case, but the real lesson here is not that the mint screws up sometimes (we all know it does), but that by listening to good advice here you can minimize the impact.

A Bob~ That’s probably not going to happen, just because the silver medals are not the type of item that sell very well. On the other hand, if the wording in the description failed to mention the exclusivity of the dollar, then I would be very skeptical.

MLA~ I see what you mean about the “S” quarters. I think you have to remember that the US Mint is a Government entity, and being such, will base it’s following years budget on the requirements of the present years budget, while trying to expand. That means any loss or underspending is not a good thing and will only hurt obtaining the money needed to run the Mint the following year.

John says
    MAY 20, 2015 AT 2:53 PM

Ouch, you could have had someone GIVE them to you! Live and learn buddy,…Sorry you sent them back./..

@MLA: to answer your question, No because they have an ad up for a new Director! They are leaderless at this time…HSN guy needs to apply…He’s always complaining, or Barry! That would be awesome! Or Sean, he seems to be out of work, or Tomaska but he wouldn’t do it…I don’t think anyone WANTS that job, just like being the Prez!