2017 Uncirculated Coin Set on sale May 17

2017-US-Mint-Set-17rj-Philadelphia-Denver-FB

The United States Mint will begin accepting orders for the 2017 U.S. Mint Uncirculated Coin Set (17RJ) on May 17 at noon Eastern Time.

This year’s set consists of 20 coins in two folders—one folder of 10 coins from the Philadelphia Mint and one folder of 10 from the Denver Mint. Coins in each folder include:

• Five quarters from the America the Beautiful Quarters Program honoring Effigy Mounds National Monument (Iowa), Frederick Douglass National Historic Site (Washington, D.C.); Ozark National Scenic Riverways (Missouri), Ellis Island (Statue of Liberty National Monument; New Jersey), and George Rogers Clark National Historical Park (Indiana);
  • One Native American $1 coin with a reverse design featuring a profiled likeness of Sequoyah writing “Sequoyah from Cherokee Nation” in syllabary along the border of the design;
  • One Kennedy half dollar;
  • One Roosevelt dime;
  • One Jefferson nickel; and
  • One Lincoln cent.

2017-US-Mint-Set-17rj-Denver

2017-US-Mint-Set-17rj-PhiladelphiaThe Mint’s Uncirculated coins are struck on special presses using greater force than circulating coins, producing a sharp, intricately detailed image. The coins are sealed in a blister-pack and displayed in a folder—red for Denver, blue for Philadelphia. This year, in honor of the Mint’s 225th anniversary, the cents struck in Philadelphia bear the P mintmark for the first time.

Orders will be accepted at the Mint’s online catalog and at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order at 1-888-321-MINT.   ❑

Press release courtesy of the United States Mint.

Comments

1. KEITHSTER says

Use the 2016 schedule as a guide they seem to be following it closely ? So it should be the new quarter then the N. A. $1 set so on and so on with the little stuff! Sure they are waiting for the launch of the buff to let you know when to save up for next. So good luck all Should be soon”>”>”>”<"<"<

2. Terry says

I have question in regards to the first day of issue 2017-S Congratulation slabs. Being that they sold out the first day are they all not first day of issues. Am I missing something? Or is it based on weather you receive from mint within 30 days? Please someone let me know what I am missing. Thanks

3. A&L Futures says

@ Terry

The whole label thing by TPG companies (e.g. PCGS, NGC, ANACS, etc.), is a scam.

Yeah Terry, the only thing that’s guaranteed is metal value and what the market will bare. Labels simply can’t be expected to hold their value in the long run. So yes, it’s considered a scam for short term profits.

5. Kevin says

My boss came into my office this morning holding a shiny new cent. I was expecting him to ask about the P mint mark, but no… He just noticed the shield on the reverse for the first time.

Time to retire the cent. Keep it in the mint sets maybe (struck in copper), but it’s time to take them out of circulation…

6. MarkInFlorida says

I collected these for decades until 2004 when they abruptly took them off sale before I could get one for my son’s birth year. Haven’t bought one since.

7. joe#2 says

Boy the release of this gold proof buffalo in 3 minutes is so earth shattering. I feel the tension here….lol

8. data dave says

I got ten just before the SO sign went up! Just kidding, I can’t afford one right now.

9. joe#2 says

I’m waiting for a low mintage collectable piece of gold with 750 or less mintage like my Australia 2017 gold proof Southern Sky coin. I’m patient… 🙂

10. So Krates says

@ Terry – The First Day of Issue (FDOI) is relatively new and I’m not sure of the parameters and logistics (I would like to know). The thirty day window is for First Strike and Early Releases/First Releases designations for PCGS and NGC respectively. They publish the cutoff date when the coins must be received on their websites. If you keep the mint shipping boxes sealed you can submit them after that date and still get the first/early labels. The comments calling the labels a sham are correct in the respect that the coins could have been struck at anytime in the run. You could theoretically get the absolute last coin struck in a First Strike holder. They should be properly labeled as First Shipped or First Sold.

11. A&L Futures says

So Krates said: “You could theoretically get the absolute last coin struck in a First Strike holder. They should be properly labeled as First Shipped or First Sold.”

@ Terrry – make that eleven slabs (aka: labels) to choose from. (LMAO)

12. data dave says

Luckily no one from the mint reads this blog or they will start to create more labels on their own.

13. data dave says

There have been lots of posts on here about the lack of secondary market for FS coins. I just did some checking on the older proof buffalo issues and while they aren’t listed at spot, almost all that I saw have a smaller premium to spot then when they came from the mint. Is this also true with the gold eagles? Has any series shown improvement over mint prices consistently?

14. earthling says

Imagine if some US Mint Press Operator achieved dome sort of fame like becoming a Movie Actor or winning the US Presidency or becoming Miss America. 😄 Well, us Collectors would be in slab Heaven. The TPG’s would create a new source of revenue for themselves with ” struck by” and autographed special editions and everything imaginable.

The sky would be the limit . 😲

15. data dave says

@earthling – I still like the idea of a portable minting press that can go city to city. You could mint the silver eagle in every city. Gotta collect them all!

16. earthling says

Gold Buffalo Proof Coin Mintage ( 1 oz )

2006 – 246,267

2007 – 58,998

2008 – 18,863

2009 – 49,306

2010 – 49,263

2011 – 28,683

2012 – 19,715

2013 – 18,584

2014 – 20,557

2015 – 16,591

2016 – 21,878

The Proof Gold Buffalo is still very popular with Coin Buyers. What will be the final mintage for 2017?

Step up and place your bets.

17. earthling says

Data Dave

You’re thinking like a real marketing pro now 👍.

Even if all we could get was a series of Slabs with a mention of different Cities – money could be gathered. And imagine if a TPG took a clue from the Coca-Cola people and started putting people names on the slabs.

This Coin was specially struck for …… Christina, Sally, Chuckie, James, …. etc…..

I see money changing hands.

18. Mr. Kairu says

Hey all, kinda off topic question… but does anyone know why there seems to be price increases on the 2017 Silver Proof Quarter sets on the secondary market? Literally $10-14 higher than the 2016 sets so wasn’t sure if I missed something about them or it is still just too early before the prices drop down to the $25 dollar range on the bay. Thanks and have a great day all! ^.^

19. earthling says

2008 Gold Buffalo Uncirculated (W) Coin Mintage

1 oz. – 9,074

1/2 oz. – 16,908

1/4 oz. – 9,949

1/10 oz. – 17,429

I want one of those 2008-W BU Gold Buffaloes. Totally missed out in 2008.

20. earthling says

Of course I’m talking about the 1 oz ( 9,074) version. High mintage compared to some of the latest stuff coming out lately. But it’s the low mintage issue in Gold Buffaloes.

2013 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo 47,836. Most likely the reason the regular proof mintage was as low as it was.

Amen to A&L and all others mentioning the labeling scam. It cheapens what is a good service for old, pre-TPG (well at least when they started their shenanigans) coins.

Mr. Kairu , That’s a good question. Looking at completed listings for those sets you can see that it’s a mixed bag of prices. But yes, there are some that are selling for what you said over the 2016’s. My assumption is that it’s because the 2017’s are newer, and as we have seen in the past some people seem to prefer shopping on the bay rather than at the USM website.

Donald,

The price is $20.95, which is insanely high for what you’re getting. $5.82 face value is what the set contains, which is only 27.78% of the set’s price. In past years, the markup wasn’t nearly this high. The 2007 set had $13.82 face value for $22.95, or 60.22% of the set’s price. The 2009 set had $14.38 face value for $27.95, which was still 51.45% of the set’s price. That year’s set also contained the exclusive uncirculated 95% copper Lincoln cents, even though those don’t sell for as large a premium as everyone figured they would.

I’ll be avoiding this set from the Mint for certain. I doubt I’ll ever buy one, even if it sells for less on the secondary market. I quit buying these sets after 2009. I regretted that decision for the 2012’s, but you can’t win ’em all!

24. earthling says

A 1 oz Silver Bullion Coin , Round, Bar ……. or a 2017 US Mint Set?

Hmmmmmmm………………?

Decisions. Decisions.

Palladium… If we are as far from peak oil production as I think we are, we’re going to enjoy the internal combustion engine for many years to come. If anything, we should expect an increase in the use of Pd. After all, cars are a necessity to a vibrant economy, I doubt that much of the Auto manufacturers would disappear in a large market correction. Well, I can’t say that about Daimler Chrysler.

26. Montana John says

A South African gold mining co, Sibanye Gold, has just purchased for 2,2 billion $ the only producer of platinum and palladium in the U.S. located in Rye ,Montana.

27. Ryan says

I think the big payoff for platinum, palladium and rhodium will come from new uses that are discovered in the future as opposed to just being used in automobile emissions systems. Platinum has been reasearched for use in cancer drugs, palladium has been used in the controversial cold fusion studies and rhodium has been used on rocket nozzles, different plating applications and high temp manufacturing. Who knows what discoverys will be made that use these metals in the future.

28. earthling says

A motto of Daimler Chrysler was “Expect the Extraordinary “. Yeah fer sure good buddy , it was extraordinary when Chrysler was bought by Cerberus just when UAW Contract negotiations threatened to make a grab for some German cash. Even more extraordinary was how 20% of Chrysler was gifted to Fiat by the US Grubmint to result in FCA ( Fiat Chrysler Automobiles ). And even more extraordinary was how Fiat used Chrysler Cash to buy the other 80% of Chrysler. So where are we now? Chrysler on the block again, patiently waiting for yet another sale ,trade ,merger , give away, what are we offered? A certain Familia in Italia wants out of the Auto Business. Oh , except for Ferrari, they will keep the Stallion.

Ahh… American Industry …. what a concept. Please Donald, please make us great again.

“A&L Futures says

According to PCGS’ website there are nine slabs (aka: labels) to choose from. This is what’s wrong with our hobby. People today are chasing plastic rather than the coin contained therein.”

AMEN BROTHER!!! It cheapens the hobby – what, do they think we’re stupid? Or rather, HOW stupid do they think we are? Artificial scarcity by such contrived means – this is a hobby for collecting COINS, not totally-made-up BS fake plastic covers surrounding said coins, with questionable value. I don’t even believe the “First Strike” or “First Day of Issue” BS – they can’t even verify WHEN a coin is struck let alone sell a coin as a “first strike.” Sigh.

What’s wrong with this hobby is MONEY! Er, wait, that’s what this hobby is about, um, money. Well, the corruption of said is what’s wrong with it!

Remember when a coin was rare or scarce due to serendipity, and not due to artificial mintages, artificial coin holders, artificial plastic slabs, and greedy monkeys salivating over our passion?

30. David says

So with this new mint set, how much of a price drop can we expect now that there is only ONE $1 coin for each mint? Also I am no fan of the packaging…not as easy to bust open like the old sets.

31. Donald says

The grading of modern collector coins is, in itself, unnecessary. The original government packaging and certificate pretty much assures the authenticity.
    I have never had such coins graded, as I do not want bare grader’s hands contaminating the coins’ surface. This is especially true of silver coins, where the oils on one’s hands will lead to future tarnishing.
    Just take a look at your tablet and how often fingerprints have to be cleaned off the screen.

32. joe#2 says

Donald? I couldn’t agree with you more. I just wish more people felt this way as well. Even though these grading companies “( maybe 99.99% of the time ) handle the coin by the edges, I’m still sure part of the thumb at least hit the outter edges of the front/ back of the coins. Contamination as well imo will set into the coin as time goes by. The commemorative coin/s should be imo left alone as is with the C.O.A.

33. joe#2 says

Just to ad to the previous post…. What did these graders eat just before grading your coins? Lays potato chips? bacon? french fries?? Did they wash after potty??? Who knows??
    Did they speak while grading your coins??? Nose running? Moisture in the fingers while grading??? No thanks. Not taking chances. Buy the coin/s folks, NOT the plastic is right.

34. earthling says

I can agree about the Slabs – for Moderns- its a great way to lose money. And on older Coins , Slabs can be helpful and a bit misleading at the same time. If the slab says MS65 then some scammers will still argue the grade. When they buy from you they will say it’s overgraded. When they sell to you it’s undergraded. That has opened the door for CAC to come into the market. But of course there is still a problem with that, just like with the original slab.

Bring in toning and you have a whole new area of confusion to lose money over.
    Paying money for money is a field wide open for abuse. Too much like used cars.

35. Numismatrix says

Terry / A&L Futures / et al

IMHO this label fantasy is promoted by the
    magazines and media to a larger extent. The
    Mint has in the past debunked claims such as
    “first strike” as falsehoods but the game goes
    on. I’ve noticed that MCM for example sells
    coins with facsimile signatures of Mercanti,
    Standish, etc for solid premiums. I continue
    to purchase Mint issued coins in OGP/COA
    in preference to the label versions. This seems
    to have depressed the overall coin market – i.e.
    money spent on labels reduces funds spent
    on coins.

36. Donald says

As more and more modern coin issues are broken out of the original gov. packaging for entombment in a labeled slab the population of those remaining intact in the proper packaging decreases significantly, which is actually a positive thing for proponents of OGP.

I can dig it…not sure though what the fascination is. I tend to think that the solid construction may have something to do with it, which leads me to believe that millennial’s don’t like plastic bananas as much as those of us during the 1970’s and 80’s did.

38. MarkInFlorida says

Labels are such a scam. Just a way for a dealer to charge more than the Mint for a typical Mint-issue coin, call one 69 and one 70, and pay the dealer more. I think this will backfire and OGP coins will be worth more in the future.

I won’t lie, I like First Strike flag labels, and I insist on 70’s. So, If I’m going to go the bay rout for a coin which I feel may be a key, like I may for the 1/2 proof AGE, that will be the slab and label I will look for. Simply because the most appreciation will happen in that label. But that’s just me. If someone wants to keep the coins forever with no intention of ever breaking them up, then the cheapest way is OGP.

How about that spelling, I just described an angry mob…should have been spelled route.

41. KML in KY says

I too used to think it was ridiculous to certify modern coins until I had accumulated a huge hoard and decided I wanted to sell some. I noticed that although many of the coins I was selling in OGP were perfect they were pretty much selling for 69 prices with certified 70’s going for more – sometimes a lot more. It was then I joined PCGS & NGC and started submitting modern coins. Sometimes I buy certain modern coins already certified PF/MS 70 if the price is right. If they have “First Strike” or “Early Releases” labels all the better. Gimmick or not they sell for more money and it’s been that way for a while now.

42. J JONAH JAMESON says

@Dustyroads. Is it me, or do the coins in that spinner look counterfeit?

43. Baldwin says

@JJJ… well considering the shield wasn’t the reverse of the 2005 cent… I’d say they aren’t meant to be real.

44. Ryan says

The labels are a scam but grading is essential for coin collecting. Coins are like diamonds, you can have two that are the same size but their worth could be vastly different. So if I try and sell you a coin and tell you it’s perfect, and you say that it’s not because it has a little spot, the third party grading becomes the arbitrator. It also helps because the coins are verified to be genuine, so someone can collect coins without becoming a coin expert. The cases are also a great way to protect the expensive investment you just purchased. All the talk of dirty hands is ridiculous, you think mint workers are any better?? Also if your coin developes spots in a case because it’s not sealed or was contaminated you can have it re graded and they will either buy the coin back for what the current price of that scored coin would be or re grade and pay you the difference in price between the original and the new grade.

45. Gary Not Dave says

I don’t think the labels are a scam. They just give us options. I don’t think it is intended to collect all the different labels. I personally just stick with the NGC brown label. But I have picked up some of the NGC green core Silver Eagles.

J JONAH JAMESON, You’re right, those aren’t real cents. What my takeaway on this spinner is, is that the Chinese are more interested in coin collecting than we may think. In fact, the Chinese coin collecting faze may be where we were back in the 70’s and 80’s. I believe the United States and China are on opposite sides of the spectrum during this present time. Remember that article from one of the other coin sites which was written about PCGS expanding into Hong Kong, and recently Louis commented on the popularity of coin collecting in Asia. United States will have a come back, but it’s not going to happen over night. In fact, I see it as being 20 years in the waiting. The reason I seem as though I’m confident in this timeline is because I believe we are all subject to certain trends and fads which effect entire societies. That’s the reason why we should be very cautious about following any pack like movement. And it’s the reason why we should be independent thinkers, ie Liberty. Gotta love the founding fathers!

47. Tom says

TPG’s have created a market with the many different labels Apparently many approve of it as they spend extra just to have a piece of blue sky. Next time you see a FS label, it really stands for First Slabbed.

48. Barry says

On a old TV coin show in 2013 (no longer being aired) stated the Chinese were buying up Morgan dollars. Not long after that at a coin show I attended a oriental man had a thick wad of cash and was at dealer table purchasing high grade slabbed Morgans. He was negotiating each piece and checking prices on his smart phone. It was a show in itself watching it go on.

49. JARHEADnFLORIDA says

@ Barry- Do you have any idea why Asians have such an interest in Morgan dollars?

50. Barry says

@Jarhead- the TV salesman said the Chinese are interested in numismatic coins ( Morgans in particular) because of the potential for them to be worth a lot more money in the future.

51. Barry says

They must believe Morgans have the have the greatest potential to increase in value.

52. Tom says

Many counterfeit coins, especially Morgan Dollars, come out of China.. Raw and certified. Never trust a slabbed coin completely as the slab itself can be copied. Know your coin and always check the slab registry.

53. JARHEADnFLORIDA says

@ Barry- do you believe their interest in highly graded Morgans is more intense, than highly graded pandas?

54. Barry says

OT- Based on the numbers I’ve seen ASE total mintage (proofs, unc, bullion) since 1986 has exceeded 500 million coins. Half a billion. It seems the number was hit in the second half of last year. I don’t remember the milestone being publicized unless I missed it or the numbers are off somewhere.

55. Barry says

@Jarhead- I’m not a expert on foreign coin buyers. I just pickup on comments that those I believe have knowledge about the subject. The TV shows do provide some good information about coins and the hobby but, it has to be filtered from the sales pitch and other market techniques etc..

56. Barry says

btw in regards to Pandas- I remember on of the major dealer offering back dated Pandas about a year or so ago at discounted prices. Someone must have sold their collection as there were a lot of coins available. Time to time I see back dated coins on websites where you can tell someone sold their stash. Apmex for example, is now selling random date silver Philharmonics at a low premium. Provident just had discounted 2016 Britannias.

57. JARHEADnFLORIDA says

@ Barry- That is the reason I only purchase MS70 silver pandas, and gold pandas in ogp.

58. Barry says

@Tom- my LCS purchased a slabbed silver Panda and got their money back from the seller. He was initially fooled but later had suspicions and had another dealer confirm it was a fake. I don’t know any more details than that. The owner said be very careful about buying Pandas as there are a lot of fakes. I’m not active in Morgans but, I have read about a lot of fakes especially the high dollar coins. It’s always a good to weigh and measure raw coins when you get them.

59. Tom P. - MA says

Many years ago I purchased a Chinese fake Morgan for research purposes on Ebay. It cost less than $5 including postage from China. I purposely bought a 1949, so no way anyone with even the tiniest bit of knowledge would confuse it with a real one. Very convincing look but the weight and “ding” of the coin were off. After a few months the silvery tone of the coin faded away. Right before the Ebay ban, they were selling everything from complete 3 cent collections to 1946 Newfoundland 5 cent pieces. Just be aware that almost anything out there could be a fake.

60. TemplePriestess says

In this day and age many of the young collectors insist on graded coins. With the drop in gold prices my nephew just got a graded (70) 2017 liberty HR, for very close to the mints issue price. I was ribbing him about the 1st release label and he explained the label meant nothing to him at all. It was the grade certification with a price he was willing to pay was all that mattered to him.
    So I asked about OGP, his reply was many are only concerned about the graded coin in a protective sleeve. Plus the mint has changed its packaging to include the plastic grade holders if one feels the need to seek them out. I have a few graded silver coins because the price was indeed right. So I figured it’s good to keep meeting the guy for breakfast.. he’s not the kind of collector I am, but he has a good job and is able to get coins I could never afford at his age. Kind of feel like I passed the torch and he is running with it.

61. data dave says

Wow, 24 hours without any new posts/comments. The trolls must be going hungry. Just found my first two P cents in circulation, very nice!

62. Old Big Bird says

Well here we are Monday May 15th and the wonderful and excellent running USM has yet to release a product schedule past May 17th. What is the big secret????

63. Old Big Bird says

Oh I know what the big sec4ret is. It is that the USM was making bullion silver eagles not only in West Point but they were also making them in Philadelphia and San Francisco. About 1 Million in the later two last year.
    It seems someone notice that there were some difference in the billion coins. So they filed a FOIA and got this answer that the USM was doing this for year. Of course the big 12 dealers are now the only ones that are going to make a massive amount of money on them. They can tell only but the green box serial numbers as to which site they were made. Our friendly salesman at HSN had them on sale last night. a set of all 3 as MS70 form 2015 for $4,699.95 and he only had I believe 500 sets. Others like 2016 Philly MS 69 was $349.95. So the USM likes to have many secrets and the rich 12 get richer.

64. data dave says

@Old Big Bird – The rich dealers will only make money if you buy their stuff (and their story). Does anyone really care where the Silver Eagles were minted? Wait until the Chinese fake the slabs for this one, no one will be able to tell the difference (because there isn’t one).

Sounds like the star bellied Sneeches to me!!

65. Old Big Bird says

Data Dave – you are correct but there are so may ding dongs watching magic Mike of HSN and his BS.

The second part is the lack of visibility coming out of the USM.

I would like to see a write up from Mint News Blog on this situation of the USM lack of visibility.
    I am sure they know more about this then little old me.

66. Old Big Bird says

Everyone should try the live chat at the US Mint web site.
    They can not answer questions such as why the US Mint was hiding the fact that they produced bullion ASE at all three mint site and told no one.
    Also asking them at to where the updated product schedule is another joke answer that they update it once a month. So I asked them when May 18th

67. Barry says

The logical solution would be to put a mint mark on all the bullion coins. That would cause an issue for the burnished ASE but maybe they could come up with some other marking to differentiate it.

68. earthling says

To me a Bullion Silver Coin has value for the Silver in it … not the fact it may have been struck in Philly, Denver, West Point, or San Francisco. And the absence of a Mint Mark really levels the field. If there are wise buyers out there willing to pay Gold Bullion prices for Silver Bullion ……… well they must be living a good life.

Sounds like the type that might enjoy $800 Hamburgers for lunch.

🙈🙉🙊

69. Barry says

We have mint marks on the circulating clad coins and on the mint and proof sets. I also don’t mind no mint mark but there is a lot of complaining due to possibly being mislead. .So I agree it is a waste of money imo to chase the (P) labeled ASE’s. but, at least would provide some transparency rather than taking the word of a TPG service buyer.

70. jhawk92 says

@Dustyroads and all the other spinners-

Here is a link to the spinner I bought for my son a couple months ago.

https:/amazon.com/gp/product/B06VY3L9JS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’d have to look at it again, but I think they are 2013 pennies. From what I can tell, there are 6 total pennies, since each arm is thicker than a single penny. At any rate, it is a fun little toy.

71. DBR says

There are some goodies on the USM product schedule for June 2017.

I hope someone is reading all the products’ descriptions.

72. Asherspapa says

Thought the individual American Liberty Silver Medal was going to be a P. Mint has it listed as W. There’s no mention of the finish on this one. I think I had read there would be a P proof followed by a set consisting of a P reverse proof, a D uncirculated, an S proof, and a W enhanced. The current listing matches none of those, so how many Silver Liberties do we think there will be?

73. Baldwin says

People paying inflated prices to purchase a bullion coin label have more cents than sense.

74. Mr. Kairu says

Oh as to my earlier question I believe the answer is also because the 2017 Silver Proof sets haven’t been released yet. I think that would drive some prices down as people may be breaking up their sets for certain coins. I coulda swore I looked at that earlier and thought they were out… huh.

75. Old Big Bird says

I thank one and all for their input on the US Mint and the handling of the ASE bullion coins.
    Once again the main thing is the US Mint not be transparent with basically their customers.
    Although they even where not telling the big 12 dealers.

Well looky looky we finally have a June coin schedule from the US Mint. Wow and yes a little bit of a surprise.
    IF you had looked at last year June was a quite month.

76. data dave says

So they posted the schedule but no mintage or HHL numbers for the HR silver medal. I assume all the other items will be unlimited (for practical purposes) but are they waiting on capcrisp to tell them what the limits should be on the silver medal?

If so, I think they should be double what the 2016 W&S silver medals were and the price should be the same as last year $35). Thus the HHL would be 4 and the mintage would be 25K. This should lead to a sell out in less than an hour.

But my guess is that the price will climb to $45 and the mintage will climb to 75K with no HHL.

77. data dave says

From customer service on the 225 Silver medal:
    This information may not likely come available until the week of release, as this is often the case for coins containing precious metals.

78. Tinto says

@KML in KY
    “..It was then I joined PCGS & NGC and started submitting modern coins. ..”

I joined PCGS 3 years ago but didn’t get around to joining NGC though I had thought about it a year ago. How do you compare the service between the two?

79. joe#2 says

Baldwin? I do believe people would just buy a fancy label with no coin whatsoever.
    They seem to be in a trance with these labels. The sign of the times..

80. cagcrisp says

@data dave, The Mint NEEDS sell outs. Whatever the mintage and HHL the mint chooses the FIRST Liberty Silver Medal MUST sell out Rapidly…

just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone and hope all had a great Mother’s Day and wish them all well, living and in spirit…

82. cagcrisp says

One of the First weak links to break involving the 2017 S American Silver Eagle…

Price reduction to $120.95 for BIN from the Last price reduction of $132.95 from the Last price reduction of $139.95 from the Last price reduction of $149.95 from the Last price of $159.95

Eventually you have to move the inventory and there are Literally Thousands yet to be moved by dealers.

This will be a Nightmare before it is over…

83. Baldwin says

Product price when shipped $53.95. Product sales at $120.95… not exactly a nightmare in my book. I suspect they could afford to sale these at $75 and still make a nice profit.