25th Anniversary Set Priced at $299.95

The United States Mint has announced the pricing for the 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set as $299.95 per set.

This price will remain subject to potential change based on the market price of silver leading up to the release and throughout the period of availability.

Pricing for the set has been an object of speculation for the many collectors eagerly awaiting the release. Although the price is higher than some people had been estimating, personally, I had expected the price to be even higher.

Each set will contain the following five coins:

• 2011 Proof Silver Eagle (W mint mark)
  • 2011 Uncirculated Silver Eagle (W mint mark)
  • 2011 Uncirculated Silver Eagle (S mint mark)
  • 2011 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle (P mint mark)
  • 2011 Silver Eagle bullion coin (no mint mark, but struck at the San Francisco Mint)

The US Mint currently sells proof Silver Eagles individually for $58.95 each and uncirculated Silver Eagles individually at $50.95 each. The bullion versions are sold to authorized purchasers in bulk quantities based on the market price of silver plus a mark up of $2 per coin.

The 2011 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle and 2011-S Uncirculated Silver Eagle are not offered individually and are not expected to be available in any other numismatic products, making these coins unique to the set.

The Mint has also confirmed that they will produce “up to 100,000 sets” with a household ordering limit of 5 sets to be imposed for at least the first week of sales. Orders will be accepted starting on October 27, 2011 at 12:00 Noon ET.

Comments

1. JIMMY says

thought 229.00 was too low thanks for info will try to get 3 sets 1 for me and each grand kid again thanks for info

2. Piotr says

They may still change their minds. We have one more week. I don’t think that they will lower the price if spot drops, only change will happen if it shoots up. Any info on the box?

3. jimmy says

the mint already make a lot on those ASE proof and unc at $58.95 and $50.95 respectively. the bullion value is only $30.68 as of today close. at $299.95 a set. i think it’s fair enough.

4. jimmy says

i think the e-bay price around $550.00 a set is not much premium so to speak. you only get 83% profit more or less. remember 2006 set. cost $100.00 e-bay as high as over $600.00. that’s 500% mark up or profit. why?. because there is already a 10th anniversary. followed by 20th anniversary. now it’s 25 anniversary. that’s become not special. and so with the future 30th, 40th and 50th anniversaries. i think in the near future. this set will go down to near mint offer price.

5. Clair Hardesty says

The long term value of this set, aside from the value of its silver content will, like other special mint offerings depend primarily on how many of the sets end up trading in the marketplace. Demand chasing supply is what ultimately sets values. The 2001 buffalo dollars have been strongly held and lightly traded and have maintained excellent values. The 2006 Franklin dollars, while also a rapid sellout, shot to around $100 but have since fallen in line with most other commems. The 2006 sets continue to do well, probably mostly because of the reverse proof, a coin that people are likely to keep because of its uniqueness. This set, with two unique coins, will most likely maintain a value well above the $300 initial price. The actual value will depend a lot on how many sets make it into the hands of sellers and how many become keepers. With the 100,000 set limit (compared to the 250,000 of the 2006 set) this set should do well for a long time to come.

I would be surprised if secondary prices are not at least double or triple in less than a year, but only time will tell. Whatever happens to prices, this will be a great set to enjoy.

7. Richard says

The US mint should make a reasonable profit (reasonable) is the key word.I wish i could sell my product using mint pricing.$250.would in my opinion be a more than generous price to give for these sets ,and would be in line with the other Silver Eagle products.It will be a great set,but the S mint is the only Eagle that demand any premium.Good luck to buyers.If you collect these and want the action,buy direct.I believe most collectors that have the itch will get in.Good luck.

8. David says

I keep thinking that I should just order 5 sets in one mint-sealed box, send ’em in for FS grading all in one go, and then see what I get back. It would drive up the cost per set to somewhere in the neighborhood of $460, but perhaps it’s worth the risk if the resale value will remain strong (as Clair argues above). I would like to keep a set in the blue box if possible, but could always break any of the lower grades our of their sealed containers for that purpose (assuming the lower grades will still look great). Anyone else thinking of strategies like this? Just curious.

My other thought was to try to place 5 separate orders and decide what to do later with the boxes before cracking the seals. Decisions decisions…

Any thoughts?

9. John C says

I’m happy with this price, I just hope it stays there. This set is a definite winner and I’m in for all five.

10. auxmike says

I won’t order this until at least midnight, just before bedtime.
    Let the mob deal with the frustration… 100k won’t be gone in 12 hours.

Piotr,

I wouldn’t say “never” on the price dropping. Ultimately it depends on whether silver has another “cratering” event, something which is entirely possible if the recent CFTC action forces JPMorgan and other major PM shorts to abandon their positions. If we just have a dip to like $29, though, I would not expect any price reduction. But a collapse to the low $20s would be a different story.

On another note, it will be very interesting to see how the Glacier AtBs fare next week in the face of competition from the 25th anniversary set. Given how the price cut seems to have lit a fire under Gettysburg sales, I am inclined to think that had it not faced competition from the 25th anniversary set, you might have had sales numbers more in the range of what Mount Hood sold initially. Given the fact that it is going to be released two days before the 25th anniversary set, though, I’m expecting the first week of sales to be in the same region as the initial Gettysburg sales.

I may do a post another post on where I think the AtBs are going in late 2011 and early 2012 – they remain my favorite series of releases this year in spite of competitors like the 25th anniversary set and the silver dragons.

12. Keith says

I’m happy with the price. I’ll order 2 for sure. If you enable quick checkout in your profile on the mint website, then remember to actually use it, you can save about half the steps. Of course it doesn’t help with the response time when they are getting slammed, but it does eliminate 2 or 3 clicks during the checkout process.

13. Don says

im going for at least 2. if the price was 400 i was going to buy just 1 but 600 is definitely doable. I will at least keep one and the other no idea but the price is too nice to pass up

14. VABEACHBUM says

C.O. – Like you, I had predicted the $300 to $350 range shortly after the set was announced. Although an ATB-P coin has 5 ounces of silver and is priced at $229, each is one of many coins in a 56 coin series. Similarly, not everyone has bought into the ATB-P, while the entire world knows about the ASE coins.

Even with a mintage of 100K, this set is going to be unique. Two of the coins in this set will be the 3rd and 4th rarest ASE coins – after the 1995-W PR and the 2008 w/ 2007 reverse UNC. As people begin to focus on these new REV PR coin and “S” coins, I also think complete 25th Anny Sets will be hard to come by in 5-7 years as those two coins are split out from a complete set and sold to the highest bidder.

A day, a time and a price – and the excitement continues to build!!! I like the set and will add one to my collection. Those who are thinking profit might want to think in the long term. Your patience just might pay off.

15. alan says

will someone please tell me how dealers are selling these coins ms 70 for $4000.00 a set and don’t even have any coins yet. I realize they are doing this on a presale ,but still how many sets is that dealer going to have to get to just get 5 ms 70 coins,and he acts like you can order a couple of sets off of him if you wish and have the money. just like these guys on ebay selling 5 sets before they even get them. i been buying of the miny and i remember the 20001 buffalo’s were pretty tought that day

16. David says

I plan to get 5 sets, send them to PCGS and hope i end up with a complete MS/PF 70 set. Two MS/PF 70 sets would be great. Probably be able to sell one set and pay for the whole deal.

Also, once you open the box from the mint, I don’t think you can get 3 of the coins certified as 25th anniv coins later on since they aren’t exclusive to this set. Something to think about.

17. Rolling Thunder says

Anyone have any opinions regarding the effect release of the 25th Anniversary Set will have on the value of the 20th Anniversary Set? Up, down, sideways?

18. Ed says

I just checked out eBay ad found one of many going for $2250 at a starting bid of .99 cents.Some are going for more. That is for a set of 5 sealed boxes. Now I know my math is sometimes off but 300 x 5 = 1500…REALLY PEOPLE!!! eBay allows this if they are pre-sale. I hope the selleres get burned and are not able to fullfill their orders. The Mint should limmit the order to one per household. That way 100,000 folks will be able to recieve one.

Rolling Thunder,

I was wondering that myself. Who knows, the release of the 25th Anniversary Set might lead to some spillover interest in the 20th Anniversary Set. There are more of those to go around, but since it does contain the first ever “Reverse Proof” Silver Eagle it could well see some demand from buyers of the 25th Anniversary Set who might have missed the 20th for whatever reason. It’s still a nice set, and if the prototype box of the 25th set is what it comes in, the 20th set has a much nicer-looking box. I always thought those 20th Anniversary Sets (both silver and gold) came in very attractive packaging, inside and out.

Speaking of gold, it pretty much looks like there will be no companion 25th Anniversary Gold Eagle Set, will there? Maybe gold was skipped this time because a similar set to the silver version would be way too expensive for most collectors to buy. As nice as the 20th Anniversary Gold Eagle Set was, it’s issue price was only $2,610. Even a 3-coin set today would likely cost around $6,000, and a 5-coin set like the silver would be around $10,000.

I would be happy with a two-coin 25th Anniversary Gold Eagle Set. It could consist of a “Reverse Proof” coin with a “P” Mint Mark and an uncirculated coin with the “S” Mint Mark. A two-coin set would probably be issued at around $4,000, which is more feasible. Still pretty high, but they could sell 5,000 sets with a limit of 1 per household. I’m sure they would all sell.

20. jimmy says

30th anniversary composed of five 1/2 oz american eagle silver coins. mintage 200,000. limit five oer household. price 299.95 (current price), silver spot said at $30.00 an ounce. the only different is that there should be a bullion 1/2 dollar with a D mint mark. by then, everything will be unique. e-bay will be selling like crazy. short term might hit $2,000.00 a set. that’s my dream.

1 – 1/2 oz silver proof with w mint mark
    1 – 1/2 oz silver reverse proof with w mint mark
    1 – 1/2 oz silver burnished unc with w mint mark
    1 – 1/2 oz silver burnished unc with s mint mark
    1 – 1/2 oz silver bullion with d mint mark

21. stephen m. says

The “S” uncirculated will be the prize in the box of five, in the 25th anni. set,… if the mint doesn’t start an anual offering of this coin. The 20th anniversary sets should continue to hold their own and more by the time the dust settles. Quite often i am really surprised at which coins do command the higher prices. Time tells all. Hope everybody gets a set that wants one.

22. Fosnock says

CaptainOverkill,

Not sure how forcing the big banks to clear their shorts would be bearish for silver.

alan;
    They are able to sell MS-70 sets because they buy a ton of them (using family members or employees) and have them all graded, then they can simply mix and match between sets until they get a full MS\PF 70 set

The price on these sets came in at the lower end of my pricing I may actually take a chance and get two sets, and become one of the evil flippers

23. Jim says

Just got off the phone with the Mint and they said the price would be either posted the day before they went said on sale or the day of. I told them the price that I read about here, and they said they didn’t even know themselves.

24. Samuel says

I noticed that the Mint finally added the limit of 100,000 to the product page. They still say “price to be determined” on that page, though. I’m glad it’s slated to be “only” $299.95.

Hopefully silver will remain quiet the next few days, and avoid any of those drastic moves. I’ve already scheduled a vacation day from work next Thursday, and I don’t want the set to be delayed! I realize that I could probably avoid the website slowdown/crash fiasco, but I don’t want to take any chances. I’ll be there fighting at high noon with everyone else!

Fosnock,

I read about this here. http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/2718/silver-bull-market-2012

In short, the idea is that the big shorts may pressure the CME Group to do more margin hikes to knock the price of silver further down. This will make it easier for them to reduce their short positions in an orderly manner. The higher the silver price is when they sell, the more money they lose. So I think there is the potential for another huge decline in the silver prices in the short term.

27. jimmy says

found six from e-bay with bidding going on. prices are $484.00, $360.00, $305.00, $237.45, $305.00, $237.45.

28. MarkInFla says

If you were a dealer with lots of some coin to sell (say, MS-70 25th anniversary sets, or early AtB 5 oz. sets) wouldn’t it be worth the commission fees to have two of your employees bid a set up to some ridiculous price, so everybody watching the auctions thinks that’s a reasonable price? Just sayin’…

29. Clair Hardesty says

One way the TV sellers can get MS/PR70 coins is to use third tier TPGs, those that basically grade a coin at whatever you tell (pay) them to. The other of course it to get enough coins to make the sets from individual coins gathered from all they get. I think that this set will have no effect on the value of the 2006 sets, they have been out long enough that they are independent articles. I do believe that the 2011 reverse proof will eventually be valued slightly above the 2006 version and that the S-mark uncirculated coin will have a value somewhat less than the r-proof. Whether or not serial numbers can be used to determine if coins came from a single set remains to be seen. I doubt that the TPGs take any special measures to make this happen and five sets sent in are likely to get 25 consecutive serial numbers but that still doesn’t tell you that five in a row are from one set. Especially in the case of second and third tier TPGs with volume deals with large customers, such information should be suspect. If you send in a single set, I would expect that you would get consecutive numbers. If you send more than one there may or may not be number breaks between. I guess that the people bidding on EBay just don’t know that the mint sells these things direct. If we think that buying from the mint is too hard we really have gotten lazy. Hopefully, the TPGs won’t make the mistake they did on the UHRDE. IMO, they over graded that coin from the start, giving many of the first coins MS70 grades and then getting stuck when even better coins started showing up. I think this was in part due to the fact that it was a coin they had never seen, so they did not what a perfect coin was supposed to look like. Over half of the UHRDEs submitted to PCGS were graded at MS70, making them more common than MS69s. Then they came up with the PL designation, which essentially rewarded coins minted with die that were about to be retired. The coins that had smooth fields were the last ones minted with a given die pair and the ones with obvious polishing line were from brand new die. With this set, they at least have a history of grading three of the coins and one is just a new mint mark. I do however think that the coins that will be delivered in these sets will on average be of better quality than their non set counterparts because the mint made it clear that special runs were minted for these sets, even the bullion coins were not simply pulled from production destined for APs. So far this year at PCGS, PR70 SAEs are leading PR69s by ~5300 to ~4900 and MS70 (W) leads MS69 by 113 to 86. The bullion coin will most likely be the key to MS/PR70 sets but if the mint took extra care with the coins intended for the set (perhaps by putting them directly into capsules instead of tubes) we could see a fair number of perfect sets put together. If the bullion coin reaches the ~50% 70 that the other coins are likely to get, only something like 3% of sets will come out of the mint with five perfect coins but with five sets it is very likely that you could make two perfect sets and even with only two sets you have pretty good odds to get five perfect coins.

30. Steve says

If you use the 20th anniversary set as a indicator of the future price appreciation, this set may be a ho hum issue too. The current price of the 20th anniversary is more of a reflection of the movement in silver price vs. demand for the coins. The 25th anniversary issue is 100,000 sets. That is a lot of coin. Won’t be hard to find a set available for sale in a couple of years for reasonable premium over spot.

31. chris says

Exactly! There is a lot of this going around. Another big source for hype are the “coin values” published by TPGs such as PCGS. Loads of short term gains but prices and demand usually stabilize in just a few years down the road and are almost always lower. Just look at the many postings here for dragon coins! To all those accusing the mint of profiteering, I can’t imagine why the mint did not toss Lady Liberty aside, and jump onto the dragon bandwagon with some truly gaudy and insipid offerings.

32. jimmy says

that’s what i think. and this is true. why he or she can buy it at mint offer price and opted instead to buy at a very high price. that’s crazy. this is not an old age that no body can know anything. this is modern computerized age. just click it. you know everything. common sense.

33. EvilFlipper says

The reverse proof and the s eagle by themselves will be 250-300 each… At the start! Its a winner guys n gals and if you’re not there early you will lose out. 100k is not a high mintage at all. And this assumes no errors are found. If that happens wear your sports bra or jock strap! This all assumes europe doesnt self destruct before thursday. If that happens all bets are off for everything!!

34. Clair Hardesty says

I think that the chances of any significant die errors are very low for this set. The reason I think that is because the SF mint already has all of the coins it needs to put 100,000 sets together and virtually every coin will be individually examined briefly. A significant error is almost sure to be caught and tossed. The mint is giving itself plenty of time between minting, packing, and shipping these sets to weed out any anomalies. Minor die cracks (especially on the reverse proof) may get through but I don’t expect any major value boosters to show up.

35. Ben says

“When they grade the 5 coins, can the numbers on the labels tell whether the 5 come from the same box?”

The number on the label (at least NGC) begins with an invoice number (typically seven digits), followed by a three digit number that corresponds with a coin that was submitted on that invoice. Since the 25th ASE’s have to be submitted unopened to receive the special 25th ASE designation, then each coin in the unopened box sent to NGC will have the same invoice number.

MarkInFla: If you look at the current eBay auctions for ATB SP70s, you’ll see the same big dealer has the same big fat closing sales prices, and if you look at the feedback you’ll see the same bidders that never leave or get feedback. Then look at the same coin sold by a small-time seller and it goes for $150 less. eBay doesn’t do much about it, they are making money on each “sale” and they don’t want to risk making their big sellers mad.

EvilFlipper,

Don’t get too ahead of yourself, now. While both the sets and the individual rare issues will be in hot demand, don’t forget that right now, despite it being in hot demand, you can get a 1 oz silver dragon from Gainesville for about $100. I think once the mad rush to get these sets dies down a little, prices for the reverse proof and S uncirculated will settle at $100-$150.

I agree on error coins though, if those are discovered, all bets are off. And as for Europe… not much point worrying about the timing of the crash, as it will be decided by a few people.

37. EvilFlipper says

I looked on ebay and the cheapest 2006 reverse is 207$ buy it now. Thats 200$ for 250000mintage. A little math shows that at 100000 at a comparable price would be 500$ for the reverse and the s mint based on mintage alone. 250k/150k = 2.5. 2.5×200$=500. Is very simplified but you get my point. I think the s mint will add a premium as well so all in all im expecting 800-1000aftermarket for these sets with an initial at 700. I think alot of the ebay presales at 550 a set will be gone by next week. But anything is possible!

38. Clair Hardesty says

The major factor that I see in modern US mint offerings that affects long term values appears to be how many are being held by collectors vs. how many are circulating in the marketplace. That ratio seems to be what is holding up the value of coins like the 2001 Buffalo dollars and the 2006 reverse proof SAE (and by inference the sets that contain it). If the vast majority of these sets go to re-sellers and then more re-sellers buy them, etc. we can expect prices to drop (like they did with the 2006 Franklin dollars). If enough of these sets are collected and kept, values will hold like they have with the 1994 Vietnam dollar, the 1995 Civil War dollar, and the 2009 Lincoln dollar. Only time will tell which way we go. Certainly the relative low mintage of 100,000 will play a role but these coins will never be rare or even difficult to find at the whatever the going price ends up at. Exceptionally low mintage, like with many of the Olympic dollars also drives up value but these coins will not fall into that mold.

39. EvilFlipper says

The point of newer issues having popularity is that those older really rare coins are out of the average collectors hands/ price range. Some of those coins hardly see the light of day. Newer issues will hold a lot of value becauee they are accessible even though they arent on the r7 rarity scale.

40. EvilFlipper says

Jimbo, im not exactly a commemorative fan so i wouldnt compare commem’s to eagle’s. To me eagle’s are real money. The only comem’s i would think of wanting are from the 30’s. And not many comem’s are collectible in sets like mint issue coins. To counter you argument look at the 2009 UHR. High mintage as far as gold goes but way more affordable than a real 1907 UhR. Just a beautiful coin!! It will probably always command a premium- and so will gold and silver eagles.

41. Ikaika says

The reverse proof was supposed to be one of a kind back in 2006. Five years later here comes a second one. I would not be surprised if the US MINT comes up with another Ultra High Relief Double Gold Eagle.

42. Clair Hardesty says

The 2006 reverse proof was never supposed to be the only coin of its kind ever, after all, a gold reverse proof was also made that year. It, like the two coins this year, is originally only available as part of the anniversary set. The mint never promised never to make another reverse proof ASE and making another one five years later does nothing to the value of the 2006 coin. The 2006 coin was billed as the first of its kind for the US mint. The U.K. Royal mint has been making reverse proofs for a long time. The odds of another UHRDE before 2107 are pretty slim. That coin was very difficult to make. The die sets maybe lasted long enough to make 300 coins, the mint was not set up to polish a curved field, and they never really knew what to call it, eventually referring to it as a business strike, something it was very far from being. They may still be looking to make some sort of palladium coin.

43. jgbuz says

I plan on buying 5 selling 3 on ebay for $700.00 each, but remember if you want them graded by NGC, do not open them

44. ClevelandRocks says

Off topic: why is the 1oz AGE not listed on the Product Availability “No Longer Available” page?

45. Wylson says

They are a few days behind on getting in from “Sold Out” to the NLA page. This lag is normal.

46. VABEACHBUM says

Following up on Claire’s and Ikaika’s comments about US reverse proof coins, those coins are a rarity, for sure, but they are not locked into any particular year or coin series. The third Mint example of PR-Rev was struck for the 10th Anniversary Platinum 2-Coin Set, which included the 1/2 oz, $50 PR and PR-Rev coins. The Mint’s retail price for the set saw some crazy fluctuations in late 2007 and into 2008; from $1200 to $1800. Four years later, PR70 sets w/ the Anny Label are seeing some premiums, while the raw sets still tend to follow spot pricing.

For the 25th Anny Set, this unique strike with a 100K population is going to demand premiums. I also think the UNC “S” will demand higher premiums because it will be even more unique – “1 of;” Assuming, of course, that it does not become a regular product in the out-years, and I do not believe that it will.

47. Piotr says

Less than 5 days till the product is available. Anyone not getting 5 sets?
    Anyone getting 5oz P Glacier?

Piotr,

I won’t be getting all 5 anniversary sets, only 1. I do not play the flipping game, though I admit I find it fun speculating on what something will be worth on the secondary markets.

I may pick up a Glacier depending on how my funds are doing and how the price of silver does in the next few weeks. In a way I guess it’s “good” that I didn’t get the full Dragon typeset, that’s let me have some extra cash to work with. If we see a big spike in silver I’ll get it before a price raise, and if we see another price crash I’ll wait until the Mint cuts prices further. If I didn’t like the AtB series so much I’d have stopped after Mt. Hood for sure, but the $50 price cut makes continuing my purchases more palatable.

49. vaughnster says

Just wait until the sets are actually sold out at the Mint and people find out too late that they aren’t available. Then I think there will be a spike in the prices. Never understood people paying huge premiums before something is even released. I wonder what the people who paid $5,000- $6,000 for the first sets of 2010 bullion 5 oz. ATB’s think today……..

50. Val says

When you submit these sets to NGC for grading, are they returned to you as sets, or are they separated into stand alone coins with its own serial number?

51. EvilFlipper says

I really dont pay attention to presales but this time i did(i thought the prices would be a bit higher but fair enough-not a spectacular call). Honestly my biggest worry about this week is for europe to collapse en masse and having the banks lock up before i can get my hands on some sets. That would be a huge bummer. Nonetheless i still expect that these sets do very well excluding some sort of crazy market hijinks.

52. Konde says

I don’t really think the anniversary sets will be sold out in 24 hrs. With a die-hard collector base of around 10,000 and if all of them buy maximum, they can only buy up 50,000 coins leaving another 50,000 for everybody else for well beyond a few days. I doubt if all the regular collectors are capable of coughing up $1500 a shot for the 5 set order.
    With that in consideration, they’ll probably sell a lot less than 50,000 sets the first day.

53. alan says

just received this e-mail from modern coin mart ,the owner is JOHN MABEN. I have brought a few things from him,he is offering all of his 15,000 internet customers the chance to make $60.05 per set + 35.00 shipping to sent him 5 anniversary sets ,not opened from the outside mint box.If you send him 5 unopened sets you can make $300.00 for the 5 sets. He does not want these opened,because he is sending them directly to the grading companies.I personally think this is awful,it is no wonder poor old guys like me have a hell of a hard time getting one thing sometimes.The only good thing they will still take the chance on the internet or phone ,just like me.I think he just lost my dealing in the future,not that he really cares,he still has 14,999 people left to buy stuff for him in the future.

54. vaughnster says

If a dealer is willing to pay that out, just think how much he thinks these sets are worth both short and long term….. a lot!

55. alan says

your missing the whole point,i don’t care about the worth..The little guy always gets slammed.This guy thinks because he has so much money he can buy anything he wants.I for one will not do that i don’t care if he was paying $1000.00

56. TonyH says

Make it 14,998. But I like the money too. So for every 5 coins, you get yours free. I wonder if the send you 1099. They did that with the 5-ouncer when they just came out. Now the market for those are cooling down and shrinking.

57. vaughnster says

Alan,

I don’t get your point. You’ll be able to order up to five sets like the rest of us and then people can decide if they want to sell them to MCM or not. I don’t see how the little guy gets slammed here. Why exactly wouldn’t you sell just ONE of those sets for $1000 if you could, enough to pay for three of your other sets? A lot of people DO care about their worth. Maybe that’s how some get ahead in this world. He’s a coin dealer and that’s what coin dealers do. He’s not forcing anyone to do anything. I admire his resourcefulness and hold no ill will toward him. Sorry, but you’re angry at people who have more resources than you do and that’s sad.

58. chris says

Let’s call a spade a shovel. You are getting used in a big way by this manipulative B*** S***. Please do not go in for this DEAL Let Maben and the rest of them make their money in the old fashion way – earn it over time and honestly.

59. alan says

ha ha Vaughnster you need to call Maben ,you could be a part owner with him maybe ,if it would be enough money for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. vaughnster says

You guys miss my point. He has the right to do what he does, whatever you may think about it. For the $60 he’s paying over the issue price, it’s absolutely a rip off and no one should do it. But if I had the opportunity to make several hundred dollars to sell just ONE set and still have four left, I would definitely consider it. I guess I called it “used with benefits.” He’s no worse that the Littleton Coin Company or that shyster on Home Shopping selling coin sets way above market price. They are way worse in my book.

61. alan says

Thats not what good coin dealers do ,I’ve been dealing with my local coin dealer for over 25 years ,he is honest gets what he can get and would never ask any of his customers to ever buy anything,i do not know what type of people you deal with ,but thats not my dealer, I’ve been saving coins for over 52 years i have never had any dealer to ask me to buy him something that he’s paying me $300.00 for and turn around and selling for $4000.00,cause i have already seen somebody preselling for that price for a set of 70’s

62. vaughnster says

You’re right, but in this Internet age society a lot of personal dealings have gone by the wayside with coin dealers. It’s so impersonal that there are no limits to what one would do. I guess we’ll agree to disagree on his methods, Can’t wait till Thursday!

63. paul heisler says

2006 reverse proof NGC PF 70 grade sell on ebay regular for 450 mintage 250,000. the 2 coins unique to this set will command a higher price than those due to the low mintage and the still growing popularity of silver eagle collecting. If the 2011 reverse proof and the s mint coins end up with over 10% 10,000 graged 70 the selling price in ngc 70 will be around 1,000 at first and wind down to around 750. about the same cost as a ngc 70 2008 reverse 2007 . mintage 45000
    I am more curious to see what the anniversary labels look like and what the 3 coins that are offered by the mint already sell for in ngc 70.
    Ithink the coins will do well in both ngc 69 and ngc 70

64. vaughnster says

I think 8 hours is very, very optimistic. That would require 208 sets be sold every minute. I think 24 hours is a more likely scenario as 100,000 is still a pretty large number. It still adds up to $30 million in the Mint’s bank account in about a day!

65. J pay says

i got a quote from a coin dealer for 100 over mint price unopened i think ill buy 5 sets and see where this goes