Harry S. Truman Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set

Today, April 29, 2015, the United States Mint began accepting orders for the Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set featuring Harry S. Truman and Bess Truman.

truman

Each set contains an uncirculated 2015 Harry S. Truman Presidential Dollar and the Bess Truman First Spouse Bronze Medal. The coin and medal are mounted on a plastic card containing images of the President and First Lady with their names and facsimile signatures. The back of the card includes historical information information as well as information about the coin and bronze medal.

The sets are priced at $9.95 each. This price level is unchanged from the prior year. There are no stated product limits or household ordering limits in place.

This represents the first availability of the Bess Truman First Spouse Bronze Medal. The medal will also be included within a four medal set issued near the end of the year.

While this product line typically sees low sales, interest may be reignited following the early apparent sell outs of the prior two year’s releases. (The US Mint’s website lists these as “unavailable” but they have been this way for several months.)

Comments

I don’t want to order this all by itself and have to pay $4.95 shipping, but I don’t want to miss it entirely either. $14.90 is better than $100 or more! If I hadn’t already bought my 2014’s before they went to “out of stock”, I guess I’d have just abandoned the set. There’s no way I would have paid the crazy prices the 2014’s bring. I’m just thankful they didn’t vanish before they were all available to order at the same time. This year I don’t have that luxury, as they’re going to be spread out over a few months.

2. Ends in Error says

Let’s see if I’m understanding these spouse medals correctly.

Interest tapered off of the Gold Coins and Brass Medals, so the Mint has dropped off on production. Prices are headed to the sky a few times because of Sold Out and Out of Stock conditions. Now that prices are jacked, everyone wants these Medals?

OK, I think I got it. Go ahead and back up your Trucks.

I’ll be sitting this one out.

3. KEITHSTER says

Don’t get these but did get 5 of the Franklin sets when the were flying off the shelf’s . As for the turkey errors going home to check out a few of the rolls now. The one on the end of the roll has the turkey dropping a load with an extra bump of metal in just the right place not the jhook most hunters know but that poo will have to doo! The other end turkey roll has a incised out line of the lower wing feather extended into the other feather looks like something made a boo-boo carving that bird? So for now I will open a few and look to find more of the same:>:> Good Luck All:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

@thePhelps: Di you see my post from other Posting? That was a cut and paste from the US Mint. It said “circulating” purchase program. They cannot specify they want a particular ATB quarter without participating in the bulk program the Mint offers. Otherwise they get what they get from their vendors.

Now that being said, I am sure if old Harry from Bank A sent flowers to Vendor B as an example and asked Vendor B if he may get said new quarters this order, then Bank A may get priority on them. See KEITHSTER on that one.

6. Boz says

Umm when the end times occur, I will trade my brass First Ladies for food and gas. Gold and silver will of course be worthless, as will all circulating money.

So I was wise to invest in brass when everyone else was chasing Twitter, Facebook, and apple?

7. D Rittenhouse says

Banks order currency (coins and notes) from their local Federal Reserve bank. There are no “vendors.”

8. KEITHSTER says

Guys with only two branches there is no way they order in bulk. The bulk buyer has to be the wrapping company. You’ve seen them orange & white bank wrap& sons which is in PA. yet they ship us Denver coins. This place only gets a box or two of each new issue the other branch two or maybe three. Witch they have to put an order in each time I think with the armor car company that delivers their coins. They seem to get them 7 to 10 after release never fails unless they forget to order then it takes a little longer. That said went and opened the two rolls in question sorry not an error as such but a die crack & chip as was the Homesteaders. Going to name it Snap-Cackle -Poop as there was another one in the roll both the same. Seems a die-crack turned chip has made the hole that created the bird turd in flight. You do need your loupe to see it as the small surface makes it hard to see butt its there! And it looks real as I have seen a few bird get the sh– scared out of them. Must be why they call it flushed? As for the second roll the extended feather line looks real but no other examples were found yet but still holding out hope might be just a lucky coin clash unless I find another. But there was four examples of the die crack that caused the you know what in that roll but none in the other. Will let you know if more you know what shows up Good Luck For Now All:>:>:>:>:>:>

9. Ends in Error says

Boz

Yeah for sure Brass is much better than Gold Silver or any paper assets when the SHF. As long as were talking 5.56 Brass, right. 😉

Of course some Beans to go with the Brass would be very valuable – say 2 years of Beans and other edibles of course. Beans alone would gas you out.

10. MarkInFlorida says

Today I got the Mint’s catalog, and they listed the March of Dimes set with the 2 special dimes that is limited to 75,000 mintage. If we online people order so many online that they are gone the first day, how do the mail order buyers get any? Are some set aside for mail orders, so the online people don’t get them all?

When I said vendor I meant transport company who has contract to deliver the cash and coinage. I read that true errors that one can easily see with naked eye..otherwise you.could find errors all the time I read.

12. mark says

U.S Mint sells out of turkey bullion…30,000 sold so far. Sales of more bullion coins will resume Monday May 4th.

13. Goat says

Correct me if I am wrong, it looks like silver buyers are ahead of last years sales rate. Not much to go from with last year 2014 being down from 2013.. Are we going back towards panic mode? Mark pucks ordered from middle man do they have filled orders on that product ? Thanks