The following is a cross-post from Mint News Blog’s sister site, Coin Update.
The Mint has updated its online catalog to include March issues and their dates. It has also released the pricing for the 2017 Boys Town Centennial commemorative silver coins; these prices are not yet listed on the website but will be published in the next Federal Register.
March 2 is the big day for American Eagle 2017 gold Proof coins. Pricing for the four coins (which is based on the Mint’s pricing grid and the London Bullion Market Association’s value for gold bullion) has not yet been set. The coins, and their product numbers, are:
- American Eagle 2017 one-tenth ounce gold Proof coin (17EE)
- American Eagle 2017 one-quarter ounce gold Proof coin (17ED)
- American Eagle 2017 half-ounce gold Proof coin (17EC)
- American Eagle 2017 one-ounce gold Proof coin (17EB)
- American Eagle 2017 gold Proof four-coin set (17EF)
On March 7, the Mint releases 2017’s first 5-ounce America the Beautiful Uncirculated silver coin, honoring Effigy Mounds National Monument (17AJ). This is the 36th design in the ATB quarters program. As with the American Eagle gold Proof coins, pricing will be established closer to the release date.
The seven Boys Town Centennial commemorative products will be released on March 9. As always, the coins will be available at an introductory price for a limited time before the regular price applies. The values for silver and clad coins are listed here; the gold coins will be priced closer to the release date. (The three-coin set, which contains one gold Proof, will be priced at that time as well.)
- Boys Town Centennial Proof $5 gold coin (17CA)
- Boys Town Centennial Uncirculated $5 gold coin (17CB)
- Boys Town Centennial Proof silver dollar (17CC)—introductory $47.95 (regular $52.95)
- Boys Town Centennial Uncirculated silver dollar (17CD)—introductory $46.95 (regular $51.95)
- Boys Town Centennial Proof clad half dollar (17CE)—introductory $21.95 (regular $26.95)
- Boys Town Centennial Uncirculated clad half dollar (17CF)—introductory $20.95 (regular $25.95)
- Boys Town Centennial three-coin Proof set (17CG)
According to the Mint’s Office of Communications, the surcharges taken from the sale of commemorative coins are not affected by introductory pricing offers.
The last two products to be released in March are the American Eagle 2017 one-ounce silver Proof coin (17EA), which will be released March 23; and the Mint’s annual Proof Set (17RG), released March 29. Last year, the Proof Set was priced at $31.95. This year, the set will be priced at $26.95, since it will contain three fewer dollar coins (the Presidential $1 coin program having concluded last year). ❑