US Mint Circulating Coin Production July 2014, JFK Sales Update

pennyThe United States Mint has provided their latest updated circulating coin production figures.

During the month of July 2014, total production reached 1.33 billion circulating quality coins at the United States Mint’s Denver and Philadelphia facilities. This represented a slight gain from the prior month when production had reached 1.28 billion pieces. It also registered a gain compared to the year ago period when production was 1.23 billion pieces.

For the year to date, the Mint has now produced 8.36 billion circulating quality coins. This is up by about 9.7% compared to the year ago period when production had reached 7.62 billion pieces.

A breakdown of circulating coin production by mint facility and denomination appears below. The first number column represents the monthly production amount, while the second number column represents the cumulative production for the year to date.

2014 US Mint Coin Production Figures
Kennedy Half – Phil. 0 2.50 M
Native Am Dollar – Denver 0 5.60 M
Native Am Dollar – Phil. 0 3.08 M
Pres Dollar – Denver 0 15.26 M
Pres Dollar – Phil. 0 19.88 M
Total 1,331.34 M 8,359.74 M

As typical, the cent accounted for more than half of overall circulating coin production. Across the two facilities, there were 770 million cents struck during the month. Year to date production across both facilities has now topped 5 billion pieces.

As a change from recent months, the dime was the next most produced denomination at 235.5 million pieces.

Remaining production for the month was rounded out by 191.2 million quarters and 134.64 million nickels.

The United Sates Mint did not produce any circulating quality half dollars or $1 coins during the month.

There are no updates to the chart indicating production by design for the America the Beautiful Quarters and Presidential $1 Coin Programs. The Mint had previously indicated the production totals for the first three quarter designs and all four Presidential Dollar designs.  As mentioned in the past, these figures should be considered preliminary until the close of the year since the Mint reserves the right to restart production if warranted by demand.

2014 US Mint Coin Production by Design
Denver Phil. Total
Great Smoky Mountains 99.40 M 73.20 M 172.60 M
Shenandoah 197.80 M 112.80 M 310.60 M
Arches 251.40 M 214.20 M 465.60 M
Warren G. Harding 3.78 M 6.16 M 9.94 M
Calvin Coolidge 3.78 M 4.48 M 8.26 M
Herbert Hoover 3.78 M 4.48 M 8.26 M
Franklin D. Roosevelt 3.92 M 4.76 M 8.68 M

Sales Update for 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half Dollars

gold-kennedyOver on Coin Update, the weekly numismatic product sales report has just been posted with updated sales figures for the 2014 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half Dollar products.

The individual gold proof coin, which went on sale August 5, has reached cumulative sales of 62,341 units as of the August 10 reporting date. This figure is only slightly higher than the two day sales total which had been reported last week.

To recap all sales data for the gold coin, after the opening day sales had reached 56,694. After the second day, sales had risen by 5,006 units to 61,700. Now after five days, cumulative sales are just 641 units higher at 62,341.

Sales for the two coin copper-nickel clad 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half Dollar Uncirculated Coin Set have reached 112,134 units. Sales have been much steadier for the lower priced set.

To recap all sales data for the two coin clad set, after the launch date on July 24, sales had reached 68,974 units. As of July 27, sales had risen by 15,619 to 84,593. As of August 3, sales rose by 13,062 to 97,655. Now as of August 10, sales have risen by 14,479 to 112,134 units.

Comments

Sith – what a deal!!! Didn’t realize you got your gold JFK for $.50! Awesome! I’ll buy it from you for a $1 and promise not to tell the government ( or conspiracy theorists) where I got it. 😉

2. Sith says

@Clark – Obviously their were a few collectors in line, but the mayhem was caused by people bussed in to buy the coins for the dealers. Unless you saying that the collectors came in by the busload?

“The U.S. Mint, like Perth, RCM, et al., develops and tries to sell as many new numismatic or “collector” coins every year as possible” – Except the US Mint only makes two commemorative coins per year, and the last time the mint used its ability to produce a collector coin was 5 years ago.

3. David says

I would like to know what the government plans to do with the billions of dollar coins that are being stored in government vaults. Nobody wants to use them anyways…face it, they will NEVER work until the green back is withdrawn. While on the subject, I think its time to do away with pennies. Nobody wants those either.

4. sharks2th says

@VA Bob – I plan to keep them all, except for a couple which probably did see a slot machine or two. One had a hole drilled in it, maybe for a necklace. Another had the name Thelma etched into it. I pretty much got a few low grade sets all in one swipe, except for the missing 73 dates.

5. Sith says

@David – Who knows maybe they will melt them down. Unlike the vast hordes of silver dollars nobody will want them but minting dollars in this country has always been an exercise in futility

The Mint should have learned it’s lesson with the 82 Geo Wash half, 86 Statue of Liberty, and the huge Olympic gold set that only a few could afford. Settling on two commemoratives a year was a good idea, now if they could only pick the right two topics. For example the CR commem, which some collectors absolutely love, but have tepid sales (and apparently little interest) compared to say the 200th anniversary of the burning of Washington DC, something that might appeal to a wider section of collectors (and an appropriate subject these days as well lol).

David – I’d like to see them keep the 1 cent pieces, but only for the annual sets, and only in their original composition 95/5 for collectors. It would bolster the annual offerings sales, and be a fitting bonus for the collector. I’d like to see the $1 coin in the same 95/5 copper composition (it mostly is now anyway). That manganese BS looks awful if you get one in circulation that has been in the wild for a few weeks. I’m with you on removing the cent from circulation. People could still be allowed to spend 5’s or ten’s at a time, but they would be pulled from circulation.

8. Doug says

I love this blog and enjoy everyones comments. Over the years I have seen many on here waiting for the next mint product, anxiously awaiting shipping and hoping it will arrive in time to be graded early or first release. I have also seen many that will only keep OGP. I have also seen some of the same people flip the other way depending on whether or not they received the coin in time or not. As for the ANA show, the dealers who bussed people in should be ashamed, as it was a pure greed thing. I don’t object to dealers buying coins and making profits or people flipping coins, that is their right, but the dealer induced mob scenes was disgraceful. I was going to get a coin on the 5th at the ANA, until I got there at 7:00 and saw over 1,000 people in line. I returned home and waited for the mint to open its’ site for orders. I ordered two seperate Kennedys. The first at 12:50 and the second at 12:51. Because of the time I ordered, and the dismal track record I had with the mint shipping the BHOF coins, I was afraid it might be months before they shipped. I gave it some thought and thought I would try it again on Wed morning, as the ANA show was only about 50 minutes away from where I live . I arrived at Rosemont at 12:15 a.m. , and stood at the back of the line, ( i was roughly # 200 in line), and stoo between 2 paid buying groups. The line continued to grow. Some people tried to cut in but were chased out by 2 people who were watching the line. Two large tour busses drove up and dropped people off at the back of the line. Everything was civil until about 2:00 . I had seen a few people go up near the front of the line but standing well behind it. The line was organized in an E-W direction. At this time the police decided to move the line accross the street. The police scattered themselves in the street, then announced ” we’re going to move the line to the other side of the street, please move in a neat and orderly fashion”. The back of the line surged forward before the front people could pic up their chairs and a stampede ensued. The police then had everyone back up north along the fornt of the building to the corner, and then south down to the parking garage. suddenly it became obvious despite the police saying they would be comming back to join the line back together they were not going to. This resulted in another stampede in the west direction. By the time everything had settled I was about 450 in line, and four people behind someone who was originally #27 in line. we were then left standing in the dark and cold for about 6 hours with no possibility of sitting, because the line was in the middle of the flower beds on the expoteria side, which had built in sprinklers goin for the next hour creating a wet and muddy mess. The line finally began moving between 8 and 9. Some where around 10:00 I was finally inside the building. We went throug 3 mor winding lines before being able to enter the bourse floor. I had my coin by about 1:00, but was too tired to look around, so I went home. I came back the next day, and depite all of the horror stories I had heard about only big dealers getting good grades, and small collectors getting lesser grade, I decided to risk having my coin graded by PCGS, even though I had the lowest membership possible, and was only going to grade 1 coin. I finally had a chance to look around the show and enjoyed it. I picked my coin up Saturday, and was afraid to look, but I had received a 70 grade. I did this all for myself, and feel I earned it. By the way just a note about myself, I served in the USN for 6 years active, collect bottles 1750 – 1890 , and have a degree in (useless as it is), in Antropology. Oh I almost forgot the mint shipped the 2 kennedys I ordered today and they will be arriving by the end of business Thursday 8/14 . Ironic to say the least . Please forgive any gramatic or spelling errors.

9. merryxmasmrscrooge says

“lower priced set”!? Rich people don’t understand how people with no money struggle from day-to-day.
    I think you mean MUCH LOWER priced set.

10. HiCal says

Doug, Great story, glad you got one and it graded a 70. Sounds like it will be special coin in your collection. I love those anthropology courses but after thinking about it I decided to major in MIS instead.

11. Mat says

Jon in CT was wondering if I should have my firearms ready to hand over when the government comes knocking for my gold.

12. VA Rich says

cag – too funny! On the $5 BHoFs, I see this as a good thing. I’ve been hoping for an total and utter shake out of the weak hands for some time now over July thru September. We won’t know if that’s happened until late this year though it feels like it could be occurring. Like you, I anxiously await to assess the true market for these sans the mint induced demand and now over supply.., I say if you’re not into the BHoFs any longer, then dump them ALL on ebay now, we may see another round of opportunity for these babies in the near future (you and others can read into when that may happen).

FDR’s Exec order (and subsequent housecleaning variants) were backed by public law in 1934. It is under this law that folks were prosecuted. Congress since passed a law (Aug ’74) signed into law by Gerald Ford (31 Dec ’74) that makes gold ownership legal again. To make it illegal again far more would have to occur than the current president merely signing another exec. order. He’d have to get congress to go along. And then anything that happened as a result (say, gold confiscation) would be challenged all the way up to the Supreme Court, just as it was before. Those of us who have gold are very safe right now imho.

Doug,

Thanks for posting that story, I’ve been finding the reactions pretty interesting and am glad you got your coin. Would you reconsider doing something like that again if the lines were organized better and you didn’t have goons hired by dealers to contend with?

15. Sith says

@Markh – You are very safe, The Fed does not need your gold to print more money, i.e. devalue the dollar.

16. Jus-a-coin-luvr says

I won’t belabor the point, but do have a few things to say in response. If some of you actually think that people read each and every post here, you are as misinformed as you thing that I am. Maybe some of you have that kind of time, but I do not. So, if you expect people here to know about every nuance of your feelings about other posters, that too is quite unrealistic.

I have been here a very long time (years). No, I don’t post as much as many of you. Seems to me that some on this board expect people to only post within the confines of their “own” expectations. Well, I’ll do better than that and just leave which I’m sure will satisfy a few of you and won’t matter to me that much either. As to the unfriendliness here, I rest my case based upon what I read above. Some of you are as angry as the people that you seemingly accuse of same. It comes out in your responses more than you may realize.

To Michael, the owner of this Blog, great work man and I will certainly continue to read your articles. They truly are the best.

17. Doug says

I might consider doing it again if conditions were different, because I believe the mint takes the best of what it has to these events. Last year I bought my 5 oz silvers there because of the perfect condition. Something changed between the reverse buffalo of last year and the kennedy of this year. The line for the buffalo was indoors, took about an hour and was problem free. I think this year the Kennedy was overhyped and promoted for being released at the show,creating a bigger demand, while the mint for some reason decided to release less coins per day, (although they planned on more days). The buffalos averaged over 1000 coins per the 2 days they were available, whereas the Kennedy was limited to just 500 each day. Dealers were offering $200.00 over the initial coin cost for the buffalo, (again right by the mints checkout line), whereas this year they offered $1-$2000.00 over the release price. Even the grading company suggested I sell it to one of the buyers instead of grading it, but I wanted it for myself. I don’t regret my decision even though the other kennedy is arriving today. So to answer the question if conditions remain the way they were this year, than no I would not do it again.

18. Clark says

VaRich–So I went through a box of 15 silver $1 BHoF proofs last night and returned 11. Even some of the capsules had obvious signs of handling, opening, etc. Of the four I kept, I’m only sending one to NGC this week and relegating the remaining three to a large box of mediocre, but still cool, silver kooks, proof libertads, etc.There’s no doubt in my mind that the Mint is distributing poor quality returns. After reading someone here say they were writing “returned” on the inside of BHoF boxes, I decided to follow suit, ‘tho I doubt it will matter much to the Mint. I wonder how long the Mint plans to continue redistributing rejects?

Sith–“Except the US Mint only makes two commemorative coins per year, and the last time the mint used its ability to produce a collector coin was 5 years ago.” To which coin from 5 years ago are you referring, the UHR?

19. Sith says

@Clark – Yes I’m referring to the 2009 UHR, and the 5 year gap between it and the Kennedy coin. Sure the US Mint seems to celebrating everything, but the reality is it is variations of currently running programs. IMHO if the mint was trying to maximize profit by selling “as many new numismatic or “collector” coins every year as possible,” we would be having yearly UHR\Kennedy coins. The difference being that the variations only have appeal of those that already collect the coins, the UHR and Kennedy have a broad appeal. The Perth Mints for example attempts this multiple times a year by releasing coins about battles, ships (that never sailed,or that changed the world,take your pick), Disney, aircraft, animals, landmarks, Dr Who…you get the point. Then add I have never heard of a survey from any of the other mints asking for your opinion about a proposed coin. IE the Kennedy would not have been produced if people did say they wanted it in a survey.

@Jus-a-coin-luvr – You claim people are unfriendly but per your own admission you rarely post and apparently when you do as far as I can tell you only posted to make if “unfriendly” then pointed comments. Then when called out on it you pull a Cartman, and declare “Screw You Guys I’m Going Home” Did I get this straight or is their more to it?

20. VA Dave says

For those tracking gold Kennedy ship dates, looks like the mint is working on the second 30 minutes….My 8/5 1252pm order just closed and received a tracking number in the past hour.

@Doug…congratulations on your Kennedy! Sounds like a lot of frustration… and some side entertainment to go with it.

I think your own story – in comparing last year to this year just about sums up the changes. The mint rolled into town with 2000 RP Buffalo coins last year – sold 1000 each day and left. This year to hype the experience they changed to a single coin per buyer and 500 a day for 5 days. With last years ANA releases being labeled and hyped as the must have labels for the coins – every hack in town wanted to have his sure thing profit machine strapped to the convention coins… and thus we had the free for all in the lines.

Personally – knowing you already had 2 coins ordered and secured – I’d have taken the money and walked away from the convention a little wiser and richer, but that is just my take on it. I didn’t order the coin and don’t plan on buying it right now.

22. VA Rich says

JFK Arrived! Yeah, they are SWWEEEEETTTTTTT! It’s more heftier than I had expected and HR element adds a real nice touch!

23. VA Rich says

Congrats Doug – thanks for sharing!

Clark – sorry to hear that, so very disappointing. I went thru some more Unc last night and I’m at 3 good out of 19. 2 of the 3 were the Proof like examples on the obverse and they do look good. Sending those two off.

Shark- the PL from the last bunch are more pronounced than the earlier ones we spoke of. I held the two from last night in front of me while standing in front of a large mirror. I could make the room out in the reflection of the coin, that’s how clear the image back was.

Sith – OMG, the Cartman quote had me busting a seam!

24. SKM says

My status is still IS&R for JFK Gold. My order was placed 8/5 at 12:31PM. I did see the JFK Gold coin on HSN, absolutely stunning.

25. Pittsburgh P says

VaDave good to hear hope my 1:10pm order is done today… It seems others have not recieved a tracking # from well before your time… I wonder why-holds maybe, ordered the max or other items in the same order?
    Has anyone eceived a tracking # for their JFK gold that ordered other items in the same order?

26. Jus-a-coin-luvr says

@Sith, you have gotten nothing right about me ever since you began engaging me a few days ago. “King of assumptions” and ability to get ugly (either directly or on the fringe) with people are the things that come to my mind about you. Think what you like because there is little opportunity for you and I to communicate in any meaningful manner.

27. mark says

HSN guy said he has about a thousand (1000) ANACS PF69 ANA Chicago Releases gold Kennedys. This guy and ANACS are a joke. He did not show any PF70s. So out of 1500 sold at the show he has 1000 of them.

@VA Rich, I thought you said you got your Gold Kennedy in today. The Gold Kennedy has a small black cloth in there and I have never received one of those before when I got Buffalo’s. Just wondered what it is for?

All mine look Really good.

29. VA Rich says

Oh, in the JFK coin box? beats me! Never have figured that out unless you want to remove the coin and lay in on the cloth for view. Or a wipe down rag?

30. VA Rich says

cag – good, glad to hear! I’m going to look at mine closer this evening. The first one I looked at is a 69, has a minute scratch in the field. I”m thinking with that large clear field, these may not grade as high as the BHoFs.

31. Jafmidtx says

@Pittsburgh P, I got a tracking number yesterday for the gold for a 12:43 order that included the gold and half sets. Sets show to be backorder

32. Clark says

VaRich–Congrats on your sparkling new gold Kennedy. It reminds us why we collect. BTW, what are you doing with your sub-par $1 BHoFs?

Sith–I guess you and I just disagree, which is fine. The Mint and MNB frequently refer to most numismatic coins, not just commems or the ’09 dbl eagle, as “collector coins.” For example, all 50th anniv Kennedy issues are collector coins. Beyond semantics, I am concerned that the some of the Mint’s policy decisions will have adverse effects, with possible long term consequences, on the viability of the hobby.

VA Rich – Congrats getting your JFK. My order shows shipped this morning (though still not at UPS as normal). Seems they are moving along quickly, as far as the Mint speediness goes that is. 12:40 order for those still waiting and trying to gage when theirs might ship.

34. A&L Futures says

So I decided to pull the PCGS ANA (World’s Fair of Money) Population figures on the 50th Anniversary Kennedy coins. This is what I found:

PCGS #
    530186 — 50th Anniv. Gold (69 ea x PR69DCAM; 687 ea in PR70DCAM)

530185 — 50th Anniv. “Denver” Clad (42 ea x SP68 w/none higher; 294 in lower grades)

530284 — 50th Anniv. “Philadelphia” Clad (54 ea x SP68; 1 ea x SP69; 281 in lower grades)

35. VA Rich says

Well, I just couldn’t stand it any longer, so I did a visual inspection of the 5 without a loupe and here’s what I see –

4 of the 5 are probably 69’s

– one has a proof star on the Reverse over the first ‘L’
    – one has a shiny spot in the T on the Reverse
    – one has a minute scratch in the field of the Obverse (6 o’clock position)
    – one has a blotched/smear spot on the Obverse up near the rim (11 o’clock)

Hope you all fair better, I don’t know what to think at the moment.

36. MN says

@PP

My 12:25 Kennedy Gold order had backordered Unc Clad Kennedy folders on it; tracking showed up for the 2 Gold yesterday afternoon, they shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. The 2 UNC backorder date keeps advancing a day.

It would be nice if this was the last year of the Kennedy half…could that be a possibility?

3 BHoF Prf Silver will be delivered today…I ordered these at 3:15, less than 45 minutes before the 4/9 Wait List appeared so they are very near the end of shipping out original orders. Who knows how long the Mint will continue to send out returned BHoF coins.

37. VA Rich says

Clark, thanks but I don’t know. Not sure what I’m going to do with those JFKs above, I don’t seem to have good luck of the draw with these things.

I don’t know I think it is a bit unfair to compare the show sales of the RP Buff to the gold JFK. The RP Buff was the first release of a Mint coin before the public could get their hands on them, and while more orderly, was far from perfect. The big dealers found they left money on the table as the opportunity to gouge much more than they did was not realized. The big dealers do however learn quickly. Had the JFK been released in the same manner as the Buffs were, the bus loads of people would still have been there trying to crowd out people like Dave. This time they had buyers (suckers) lined up to pay big bucks for goofy made up labels. They only wish they had the foresight to do it when the RP Buffs came out.

Well, the eagle, I mean JFK’s, have landed. One looks excellent, the second seems to have an imperfection or two. I will have to inspect more closely, and my eyes are not that good. 10 years ago I was going blind due to a brain tumor, but thankfully getting the tumor out made a huge improvement. Anyway, I like the boxes too. Not sure yet if I will keep both or sell one, as I need the $. I still think those who can afford to hold for the long-term will do well with these, the first and only gold half dollar ever minted.

@VA- Sorry, buddy. Guess you could return the inferior ones.

@VA Bob- Not sure what you mean, as the RP Buf was released at last year’s ANA, there were numerous media accounts of a couple dealers using paid buyers to scoop up most of the show releases, which were sold for $4-5K a pop like the JFK’s are going for. The coins were also launched online first, and as was the case last year, I got mine about 2 days after the show ended after ordering online. The only difference is dealers were more organized this time, and the Mint also sold at other locations, and there was lot more chaos though there were also reports of fights last year. This coin , the JFK, is more unique also.

41. Pittsburgh P says

Jafmidtx, MN, & VaBob thanks for the info & updates on the JFKs . Much appreciated! Hope mine goes out today or tomm.

VaRich sorry to hear about your luck. Yeah these may not grade as high as the BHoF gold for the reason you said-the large clear field- & on top of being larger these are 24k gold bein a little softer.

42. VA Rich says

Louis / Pitt – thanks guys. Yeah, $1,240 is too much to spend on something when you can see the defects a foot away. 4 will be going back.

Will be interesting to watch how the PCGS 70 numbers come down now that the show is over, there’s no way these will grade out at 90% if my 5 are any indication.

Louis – The RP Buff online orders were not yet in hand, as the show coins were. It was a relatively new phenomenon for a new Mint offering to be available at a show, before others could get it in hand. IMO I believe the big dealers, although quick on their feet, did not know quite how to react, but then stepped up their game for the JFK. That’s all I was suggesting, realizing others may have a different take.

44. Hawkster says

Some commenters have remarked that the .75 oz gold Kennedy is an odd size. Not the case, as it now joins the line-up of fractional modern gold offerings. Now we have .10 oz, .25 oz., .50 oz, and .75 oz. The Mint filled that open .75 oz slot.

45. Pittsburgh P says

@Hawkster imo I believe people who were saying that meant it’s odd because it’s the first .75 oz coin produced by the mint not that it was odd in size. Now if they had to make it something like .73 or .81 to make it conform to the half dollar that would be odd due to size.

Hawkster – You might have an idea there with the introduction of a 3/4 oz. piece. The last (and only) 24kt 1/10, 1/4, and 1/2 oz. pieces where the 2008 buffalo’s. Lot’s of people would like to see their return, but the annual 1/4 and 1/2 have traditionally had low sales. IMO for an annual 3/4 oz. gold to have a chance at working it would have to be unique and not part of a current set type. Even then, after the first year or two, it could be an up hill battle. People either like the big 1 oz. or the affordable 1/10 oz. gold as sales seem to suggest.

My friend received delivery of our Kennedies today, and will hand mine over tomorrow. I’m pretty much on the edge of my seat waiting!

Hearing about peoples’ Kennedies having all these various flaws has me quite nervous, though. Hope mine is all right.

Jon,

You’ve posted a lot of good links in the past few days, that latest one was a good article as well.

Clark -lol, they want you to believe it’s Lou Hoover, when it’s really the “Ms. Doubtfire” Robin Williams tribute coin. 🙂

49. Pittsburgh P says

Yeah Clark agreed – first time I saw it I had to look twice then back at the description!

50. HiCal says

A&L Futures, thanks for posting those numbers, that’s a big % of 70s for the gold Kennedys.

51. Sith says

@Clark – We are in agreement. We both feel the mint seems to be going down the wrong path. Where we disagree is the current extent of the problem, and the fact that I feel the mint is attempting to address the issue.

@Jus-a-coin-luvr – Enlighten me! My opinion of you comes from your own posts. Telling me I’m wrong then saying “screw you guys I’m going home” does not help.

52. Ikaika says

@ VA Bob

Grace is the only decent FS this year. She actually looks pretty. The others look very odd. We already know how Eleanor Roosevelt (ak.a. Barney Fife) will be.

53. Sith says

@Jus-a-coin-luvr – Their may be little for us to talk\communicate about, but you initiated the conversation, by posting a “unfriendly” comment. Then you get upset about people not on this board who “expect people to only post within the confines of their “own” expectations. ” But when my post fails to meet your expectations you throw a temper tantrum, and take your toys and go home.

54. gary says

Looks like a PR69 slabbed Kennedy gold should be a bargain discount in it’s plastic coffin with so many of them grading @70!

For those of you who want to flip your gold Kennedy half dollars…..

Modern Coin Mart is buying 2014-W Proof Gold Kennedy half dollar commemoratives.

If you ordered 2014-W Gold proof Kennedy half dollar commemoratives from the mint and have them in hand, MCM is interested in purchasing them. MCM is paying $1,350 each for your coins.

Your must send your coins to MCM using overnight shipping. MCM will pay for FedEx shipping on three or more coins (call for instructions).

56. Sith says

@Hidalgo – Thank you, but I will pass. The good news is it looks like demand is outstripping supply.

Wow, MCM paying $1350 for IN HAND JFK golds! 3 or more ONLY shipped FREE by them overnight. They are scrambling with this ordering limit by the Mint. Bravo US Mint! And thank you for making this a more FAIR playing ground!

58. gary says

Chance to sell off any Gold Kennedies you have that you are unsatisfied with. Better to off load them to MCM & let them deal with them than return them to the Mint!

59. Clark says

VaBob, PittsP, Cag–Hee hee hee!

You know what’s even funnier is that I’m about to shell out two grand for ol’ Lou in MS and PF70 and still more for a bronze image in MS68 or69. Just shoot me now!

Clark – That’s OK you’ll need Ms. Doubtfire to keep your up coming Barney Fife company.

Sith – I’d let it go man, if I were you. Any reasonable person would know that our posts were our opinions of the particular the Texas coin company in the link, I should have left the snarky “shoot the messenger” comment slide, but it was late and I’m getting tired of seeing those. If people want to be butt hurt, or not care to read the related comments due to lack of time, so be it. We are here to talk about coins and related issues, while having an exchange of thoughts on the topics.

On topic – I’m wondering why MCM is expressing interest now? The coins are shipping steadily. I don’t expect them to hold out that offer long. Seems like there is always a little flipping money to be had, even mint to demand.

If I just got a bad batch and could sell them to MCM for $100 more than I paid and order replacements…I’d be seriously considering it! (Rich?)

@VABob – considering that MCM is offering to buy the gold Kennedy halves right now, I suspect that it might have something to do with increasing their supply of NGC Early Releases coins.

I agree with you — MCM’s offer will not last very long. And it certainly will not last indefinitely.

64. Clark says

Louis-Hilarious! Might even get to the eyes of the Mint and make our points!

VaBob-LOL! Those two deserve each other!

65. AkBob says

There’s an article on Kitco’s home page in regards to the JFK Coin. Sorry, I don’t know how to cut and paste, maybe Jon in Ct can do it for us.

66. Sith says

VA Bob – That is the best advice I have heard this week, and while I’m at it let me apologize to the board for my rants. Now let me go watch Frozen with my daughter and sing “Let it go.”

@Louis – LOVED the video…

Louis – EPIC! I wonder if Hitler will get his JFK silver sets? I also wonder who is going to tell him they are also mint to demand. I also have seen this “Downfall” clip used in other cases, the Windows 8 roll out is a funny one too.

68. VABEACHBUM says

@ Louis – Still in tears having just watched the video. Thanks for that comedic relief!! Desperately needed it this week. I also left you some thoughts over on WMNB.

Thanks, everyone. I have not laughed that hard probably since a good Robin Williams movie.