Vicksburg National Park Quarter Three Coin Set

On October 18, 2011 at 12:00 Noon ET, the US Mint began sales of the America the Beautiful Quarters Three Coin Set featuring Vicksburg National Military Park.

This is the ninth release for the product type, which is now finally aligned with the circulation release schedule for the series. The first three coin set had been issued in late 2010, after the America the Beautiful Quarters Program was already well underway.

The Vicksburg Quarter Three Coin set includes one uncirculated coin from the Philadelphia Mint, one uncirculated coin from the Denver Mint, and one proof coin from the San Francisco Mint. The coins are mounted on a plastic card, which includes a brief description of the coins and site, as well as a certificate of authenticity on the back.

Pricing for the sets is $14.95 each. There are no ordering limits or stated product limits in place.

The eight previously released sets featuring Hot Springs, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Mount Hood, Gettysburg, Glacier, and Olympic National Parks can still be purchased online at the US Mint. All are listed on this product page.

Comments

1. Michael says

I still have not received the information from the Mint. Hopefully, it will come tomorrow. I will post a new sales report as soon as I have the info…

2. SmallPotatos says

I sure would like this three coin set if it wasn’t so pricey. OR, for a few bucks more, a three coin silver set would be interesting.

3. Evilfipper says

Yeah -14 bones for 3 quarters with no pm content. I could never stomach this. I do wish they would issue a special copper cent every year. Like an Indian chief or tribal dedication copper cent. The indian dollars are a great theme but they but I don’t like the gold dollar. A special copper issue or large cent with a native theme would drive collectors bonkers.

4. Fred Mc says

I got my perfect looking Gettysburg ATB 5Oz Monday. Thanks for helping me save $50 by cancelling my first order and reordering under new lower price.

5. ken says

The ASE 25th Anniversary Set is no longer listed in the Product Index with a price of $230 – hopefully this means the official price will be posted very soon!

Gold prices have been on a slight downward trend again. Any idea of the slowly falling prices will impact prices of the US Mint’s precious metal coins?

7. Wylson says

Won’t be effected until at least next Wed. Avg AM fix for gold is to high to drop a bracket this week.

8. stephen m. says

Would it be possible that the ase uncirculated coin-mintmark”s”(San Francisco) is going to be an yearly offering from the mint now like the uncirculated w? Maybe, but i hope not.

9. EvilFlipper says

If silver goes down much more we’ll get a price before the end of the week. If the mint is waiting on higher prices they could be burned badly. Its a gamble and the way the gold and silver charts are looking short term they could lose. If there is a 25%+ move in silver and they havent announced a price i wouldnt be surprised to see them cancel the issue due to volatility and wait a bit longer to see where the pricing on apot silver will go.

10. fosnock says

I seriously doubt they will cancel the issue. Remember they are getting the silver at spot price so even if they lose $10 an ounce they still make money.